Obsolete Shimano spools

caferacer

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get new or used spools for my old 2500 super x gtm?Deep/shallow Im not bothered.I tried the usual places with no joy.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I'm not surprised that you can't find new ones. Best bet would be to keep an eye on Ebay for second hand. Failing that, Felindre may be able to advise on more modern spools that could be compatible. Plenty of the 3000/4000M spools on ebay now. No 2500s I could find.

caferacer

Reaction score
Its odd,you`d think so Sam but I have a more modern 2500 super gt and exage 3000m and neither spools quite fit the older super x,the stroke is slightly different(modern spools rubs at the bottom stroke) and the fit isnt right.Felindre dont supply them either.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I know that not all Shimano spools are exactly the same. A very small difference can render them useless. I'd never blindly buy a spool without the advice of Felindre.

sumtime

Reaction score
Just checked my old Super X gtm and newer Exage 3000 SRC, both interchangeable. ;)

caferacer

Reaction score
Just checked my old Super X gtm and newer Exage 3000 SRC, both interchangeable. ;)
I will gladly swap my mint Exage 3000 match spool for your Super x spool if you are interested.

Terry D

Reaction score
The old North West Angling Centre used to hold lots of old spools, although I haven't visited it since it came under new ownership.