Is someone having a joke??

davethesax

Reaction score
Hello. I have recently become a member so I don’t really know FMs policy but when I logged on to forums I was greeted by an advert from the RSPC with a picture of an otter and inviting me to join, this was followed by an advert from the RSPB.
How come these ads was given space when they are both so anti angling, the RSPC supporting otters and RSPB supporting cormorants? :(:confused::eek:

flightliner

Reaction score
Yes, I think you,re right friend. The sad thing about the RSPCA is that what was once an organisation that seemed to have most folks sympathy / support now appears to have been hijacked by the antis.
Only recantly the new archbishop (Welby is it) declined an honarary post in the organisation, one that has been taken up by other holders of his calling in the past.
Its just got too political for many of the general public to support.If they were to make a new start and "Went back" to the future, folks like you and me would view it as it once was.

Last edited:

bennygesserit

Reaction score
you are probably receiving targeted ads based on the content of what you read.

For a real insight into what is going on install the collusion add on to firefox and have a look at who is tracking what you look at.

richiekelly

Reaction score
I to have seen ads for the RSPB when I log on, I don't look at stuff to do with birds just Bull Terriers now and again.

barbelboi

Reaction score
If you use the freeware 'adblock' , either plus or simple work well, you won't be troubled with ad's on any site unless you chose to switch in on.
Jerry

Rich P

Reaction score
Blimey - who would be so nasty as to put those acronyms after your name? Really sick joke, I'd say.

Actually, some people do it intentionally - it evidently has the effect of boosting one's sense of self importance. Glad to see you're not one of them.

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
Blimey - who would be so nasty as to put those acronyms after your name? Really sick joke, I'd say.

Actually, some people do it intentionally - it evidently has the effect of boosting one's sense of self importance. Glad to see you're not one of them.

I was proud to have them after my name when I was a member and would be now if I was still a member.

Boosting one's self importance? What utter horsesh1t!

davethesax

Reaction score
Yes Benny it seems you’re right as when I logged on today a run of adverts of items and sites that have visited in the past but also many I hadn’t popped up too.:confused:
Thanks for your and others advice on how stop it happening. Problem is I’m even worst at computing know-how than I am at catching fish.:eek: