Spare spools... how many?

B

binka

Just a thought after finally getting around to spending a few days sorting and organising the tackle after a house move earlier this year and unbeknown to me in actual numbers I seem to have somehow amassed eleven spare spools for the three trusty old Daiwa 2503A's that I've lovingly kept hold off :)

Doesn't seem excessive to me though... what's the most amount of spools that someone has for a reel?

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
With my old Mitchells i had four - 3Ib, 4Ib, 6Ib and 8Ib and a few more that lay unused. With my relatively new Shimanos and the general air of recession, cut-backs, more for less and all that tosh i have just two spools in total for each and only have line of 6.5Ib so far on one of them.

barbelboi

Reaction score
6 x spools for 2 x 14 year old Aero 5000 GTE's (2 each of 6,8, & 12lb Pro-Gold), all other Shimies 2 x spools per reel.
Jerry
PS No spare spools for the pins.

Keith M

Reaction score
Some of my reels have 3 spools in total and some have 4.

For my 5000 series and larger Shimano's which don't come with shallow spools; I sometimes find it usefull to have an extra unfilled spool handy for when loading backing line on top of new line; before then winding the lot back onto the spool I will be using with the good line on top. (have I explained that properly? LOL..)

I also have a spare spool for my Sheffield Centrepin.

Keith (BoldBear)

Last edited:

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One spare spool for my Shimano for feeder fishing, two for my Drennan for waggler fishing and two for my Daiwa baitrunner for barbel and casual carping.