Confused Carp

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
If thirty anglers are fishing a carp lake with thirty different flavoured baits, are they all increasing or decreasing their chances of catching a fish by a factor or thirty? As a hypothetical situation, you mixed up a batch of killer boilies last week, flavour - chicken biryani and plum jam (you had come back rather later than you hoped from the pub before making up the mix!!) - and the carp couldn't get enough of them! The only problem was that this was the day after you had shovelled them into your swim and had gone home without a sniff. Now, have the carp bcome conditioned to this particular flavour above all others, and will reject anything else presented to them, or will they eat anything if they are hungry enough? Have the other 29 anglers at the lake had their chances ruined by not fishing the 'right' bait, or have the carp now been driven into a feeding frenzy, so that they will take any bait, and so increase the chance of the 29??
Pleas discuss - I'm sure you will!!!!

C

Cakey

I would not fish a lake that had 29 other anglers on it!!!
Another thing I always think of is someone else no doubt has fished my chosen swim for a week previous shall we say ,what has he or she chucked in !!!
You could be fishing on top of 4 or 5 kilos of unknown boilies and 2tons of particle .
Its one of my theories why I have it off on single hook baits.

R

Roto fryer

carp will eat anything once if it is not a good food for them they will then avoid it for 26 days where as with a hnv bait they will continue to eat it. there have been tests to show this point.
if you would like a bait to work long time you have to leat the carp eat it for as long as possible without getting caught as if the first time they see a bait they get caught on it !!! you know the rest