Fishing in Barbados

caesarson

Reaction score
I’m off for a holiday at the end of Sept. Does anyone have any pointers to getting some fishing in over there. I fancy a deep sea fishing trip one day. But wondered if there are places to rent a rod from or a place/area that provides decent fishing

C

chefster

Ive been 3 times to Barbados,the charter boat trips i went on left from St Lawrence Gap,were all day,lunch and drinks provided,basically the fishing was trolling with lures and flying fish baited onto the hook....fish you will catch are Marlin,Tuna,Kingfish(Wahoo),etc...my biggest fish was a 60lb kingfish,and i,ll tell you what they do go well!!! they tried to make me sit in a chair strapped in to play the fish,but i wanted to stand up and play it properly....One thing i did,nt really like is that they dont let anything go,everything is taken to eat,and i did,nt really want to kill any of the fish ,but was,nt allowed to put them back.That was the only fishing i did as it was a family holiday,so i did,nt get out apart from those times,so i cant help you with tackle hire ,cheers then Chef

caesarson

Reaction score
cheers fella. Just been emailing charter boat companies and have some response. All is looking good for a trip.

How did you find the Island for a holiday. Never been before

C

chefster

Brilliant holidays mate,hire a mini moke(small convertable kit car version of a mini)or suzuki jeep for a week and you can get around the whole of the island and really explore it(they drive on the same side of the road as us),The people are great and really laid back,you will encounter the usual drug dealers ,sellers etc ,but just ignore them,and they leave you alone,there are some brilliant sights,and the evening entertainment is brilliant....Its really hot,as you would expect ,but its very humid ,and even occasionally rains,but only for a few minutes.....The scuba diving is good,and the snorkleing,this is better up the west Coast,have a good holiday mate,cheers Chef:cool::cool: