Drennan Acolyte rod

edsurf

Reaction score
Thinking of getting the 13ft one for trotting rivers , anybody got one , would like some feed back, are they beefy enough for good size chub ?

Cheers

ED

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Just been looking for a local stockist (even Fosters haven't got it on their site). SWMBO "Why are you looking at new rods? You don't need any more":(:rolleyes:
Anyone know how it compares with the "Floatmaster", I may have to justify another float rod ;)

Stuthebroo

Reaction score
A friend of mine has one and had a cracking bag of good sized chub off the Swale using the Acolyte. He said it handled them well and the rod feels like a dreamy and floaty light, his wife wasn't as impressed when she found out he'd ninja'd it into the garage :D

jimlad

Reaction score
Yeah she wasn't too chuffed stu. I had to book a holiday to appease the situation.

As for comparison with the float master. I have both, the acolyte is a lot lighter, more tippy until you bend into something heavier and then it puts on a beautiful curve (but don't let that put you off thinking there is no power, wait till you bend into something!). The float master, other than giving you a 15ft option, has a softer more through action, and I would say is built to cope with slightly heavier fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free