postal cost for rod

broomy

Reaction score
After a years lay off from selling I sold a rod through ebay on Wednesday.
Previously the minimum cost was about £5.00, so when ebay came up with £4.98 that's what I nominated as the postal cost. My local post office insisted the charge for a 0.8kg tube at 5' 6" was £11.96. Anybody out there know if that is correct and if so whats the best way of posting a rod sold on ebay?

Arffer Roach

Reaction score
I have never sold anything on the bay but have brought quite a lot of rods in recent years. between £10-£15 is what I have paid when a collection was out of the question.

B

binka

I brought a quite expensive brand new rod via Ebay about twelve months ago and opted for insured delivery... even back then the delivery charge was £15.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A normal, high street post office won't take tubes over 120cm so you are faced with using a courier. Hermes are okay, insofar as they haven't let me down yet, and I have used them a lot since Royal Mail decided to price itself out of the Ebay market with their new prices and size criteria. I wonder if the Post office will make its prices more competitive after the big Tory sell-off...hmmm? :wh

robtherake

Reaction score
I sent a couple of rods recently through Parcel2Go/City Link. They both cost roughly the same, even though the lengths were different (2-piece 12ft/3-piece 11.5ft). Carriage - with full purchase cost insured - was £12 each.

steve_p

Reaction score
I also sold a couple of my rods on e-bay recently. They were 180cm in tubes and the cost was £12.00 insured for £150.

I used a site called Parcel Monkey to find the carrier which in the end was City Link.