Original Octoplus brackets, accessories, etc.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If anyone has any old Octoplus brackets, arms, etc for the original "threepenny bit" legs, hanging round their shed/garage and wants to offload them for cash, get in touch.

I am specifically looking for a keepnet bracket/arm and a couple of short (13cm) umbrella arms (black cube on one end and red on the other)

Thanks for looking.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I probably have some of the older Octoplus brackets hanging around in my garage Jack, I'll have to have a sort out next weekend.

Thanks Peter, I just got a lovely Little Gem seatbox, with a footplate, for a song today and it's got round legs so my current accessories will fit. I only intend to use it for pole fishing and I am starting to fish vets matches at my club so I will need a keepnet arm for the hard-standing pegs and platforms and a couple of short brolly arms.

B

binka

I wished I had known prior to moving house earlier in the year, I had to have a ruthless clear out and had a big Tupperware box full of arms and adaptors from when I had my Matchbox and I ended up chucking 'em... you would have been welcome to them otherwise :(

If it's any help you can easily hacksaw the brolly arm down to the length you require and re-drill the holes, I remember doing it for myself.

C

chefster

Thanks Peter, I just got a lovely Little Gem seatbox, with a footplate, for a song today and it's got round legs so my current accessories will fit. I only intend to use it for pole fishing and I am starting to fish vets matches at my club so I will need a keepnet arm for the hard-standing pegs and platforms and a couple of short brolly arms.

You might need 3 keepnet arms with any luck!!!!

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wished I had known prior to moving house earlier in the year, I had to have a ruthless clear out and had a big Tupperware box full of arms and adaptors from when I had my Matchbox and I ended up chucking 'em... you would have been welcome to them otherwise :(

If it's any help you can easily hacksaw the brolly arm down to the length you require and re-drill the holes, I remember doing it for myself.

Dunno if it's as easy as that binka as there is a thread embossed in to bracket. I could cut both ends off and shorten them and pop-rivet a smaller square section of box aluminium inside.

B

binka

I'm trying to visualise the black bracket that sleeves over the square metal tube but can't... if I could see one I would most likely remember exactly how I did it?

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm trying to visualise the black bracket that sleeves over the square metal tube but can't... if I could see one I would most likely remember exactly how I did it?

Probably too much trouble to cut-and-shut the longer ones I've got, currently watching a couple of short ones on eBay.

B

binka

Ebay sounds like the easier option :)

IIRC and these are the ones that you mean the screw thread is housed inside the black moulded sleeve and will work with just a small hole aligned in the square metal bar (along with the larger holes for the brolly pole) and it should tighten on to the brolly pole...

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ebay sounds like the easier option :)

IIRC and these are the ones that you mean the screw thread is housed inside the black moulded sleeve and will work with just a small hole aligned in the square metal bar (along with the larger holes for the brolly pole) and it should tighten on to the brolly pole...

Good call binka! Probably best to drill out the black end, as the hole is smaller. I will need to buy a large drill, but it looks do-able!

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

Update: Just got a keepnet arm and one brolly arm from eBay, so still looking for another 13cm brolly arm. :)

Last edited:

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If your in a hurry to get one matchman supplies do them for £8 with free postage .They fit the old arms .May be worth considering ,by the time you bid on e-bay and then pay postage

Octoplus Umbrella Arm - Matchman Supplies

Cheers dead peg, but the one in the pic is for a square leg. I am going to do what binka suggested and cut and re-drill one of the 26cm ones that I already have now that I know it can be done, then that will be me sorted.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All sorted, thanks to binka, cut a 26cm one down and it only cost me 4 quid for a 16mm drill from Toolstation. :thumbs:

Peter Crabtree, you can stick your brolly arm where the sun don't shine (sideways!) :D