How did everyone get on then?

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Binks,

Nice write up, thanks for sharing. Fishing Tuesday and Wednesday in the hope I can overturn that huge perch and win Peter's trophy.

Norfolk and chance, as usual......:)

All the best.

C

chefster

Steve you,re gonna wear them photos out!! No seriously another catch of quality fish again,you are a lucky man to have a river of such quality and potential near you,but it sounds like you really do you,re homework as well,and obviously reap the rewards,deservedly so,cheers Gaz:D:D:D

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

PS By the way ,i,ve nothing to add-as i had to work:eek::eek::eek:

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Had my son and daughter in law down for a mornings plug fishing. Obliging jacks, had 5 on, they landed 3. They saw the rain clouds building and went home. I thought I'd stay and put a bait out for a carp until it got too wet, started packing up about 4 when the deluge started and off went the rod. 20 mins or so later, very wet, I put back a 21. Home, kettle on, fire alight, tea and cake to round the day off. A very pleasant wet one!

Stu

Last edited:

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Went down to the River Salwarpe and found.........................................A Competition:eek::eek:

I have fished there about six times and never seen another soul:confused:

You know they don't fish there often if they ask me for advice, (blind leading the blind etc.)

Went down to a little fishery in Hartlebury and had four Carp to about 8lb around a dozen Bream (including two real flyers) Roach to almost a pound, couple of small Rudd, a Tench and even a Gudgeon. The pool has plenty of trees and under brolly wasn't bothered by the wind or rain. Finished about 1.30 p.m. after a really enjoyable session :w:)

badgeroo

Reaction score
Hi!
My lad (badger98) and I went carping to apex park on saturday as from the weather point of view this was the best day. We got there at about 07.00 and there wasn't a breath of wind. We fished two pegs up a channel between the bank and the island where we know the carp patrol up and down. As we are making our own baits at the moment we used fish flavoured boilies in three colours; white, brown and red, with the addition of pva bags carrying crushed offerings of the same.
We set up two rods each, both with running ledgers and a mixture of size 6 and 8 hooks. I baited mine with a white boilie on one and a brown on the other, Whilst Sean went with each of white and red on his.
The baits went in with pva's attached to about a metre from the island and we settled down with a cup of coffee.

About forty minutes passed by and one of Seans buzzers took only to stop within a second, then about five minutes later my left hand rod nearly jumped off the rest with an almighty scream and by the time I got to flip my baitrunner off that run too had gone. We noted that both bites fell to the rods baited with the white boilies.
We left the rods in place and within five minutes Seans' rod carrying the red boilie started shedding line at a high rate of knots, the alarm screaming like a banshee and on this occasion didn't stop.
Bingo! after five minutes the carp showed it's face for the first time and Sean new he was up for a p.b. Fish netted and after breaking the landing net handle, the fish was weighed in at just over 10lbs - result!

Although it was a p.b. for Sean it was the last fish we had all day.
The wind started blowing and seemed to constantly change direction and I think this may have had a bearing on the fishing all over the lake as it went dead for everybody until later in the afternoon. when a few pole fishermen started to pick up silvers.
Not very good for me but I'm so happy for badger98 - he caught his first double!!
Tight lines. :):):):)

Last edited:

pidgergj

Reaction score
well done on your pb badger98. im yet to have my first double, hoping to change that on sunday!

nicepix

Reaction score
Last chance saloon today. Visitors arrive tomorrow morning and then it will be at least two weeks work in the new house to get through :(

Went to the same swim I fished on Friday. This time I started with the float; 15 foot float rod, Mitchell Match reel and a loaded zoomer whapped out to 25 - 30 metres over a bed of crushed maize and chicken pellet groundbait. The swim at that distance is about 8 feet deep but shallows off as it rises to a plateau around 3 feet deep. I fish the deeper edge of the drop off for roach up to 1lb using sweetcorn flavoured with a sachet of vanilla sugar. Last twice I've fished it double figure carp have put in an appearance so I put a second rod out with a strawberry boilie on fished on the edge of my swim.

It was quite windy and this was coming from front and left which was driving the float towards the shallower water so I fished slightly over depth with a string of three number 1 shot 3" apart just up from the hook and the bulk shot just below half depth, fished slider so the line would pull through the float on the strike. By over casting, sinking the line and allowing the float to drift and anchor itself I was basically fishing 'laying on'.

Couple of hours and nothing. I was just thinking of packing up when the float slid under and I was in business. The next two hours it was almost a bite a chuck, all but one were roach around 6oz to 12oz, the exception being rogue bream of a could of pounds. It was going so well I even managed a bit of experimentation with some artificial maggots I'd got from a FM competition prize. They attracted bites but not as quickly as the sweetcorn was getting them.

Well, other than maybe taking my out brother-in-law for a couple of hours that's my fishing done until October when I'm hoping to have the decorating work done in time for a short trip out to the coast mullet fishing while Little Wife is in the UK.