fishing with harpoon guns

captainbarnacles

Reaction score
There have been reports in my area herts and essex that some snorkel clad guys with harpoon guns have been hitting our canals after big carp i wold imagine. On this one report the EA have been advised and a local club baliff also attended to talk to 2 police officers that were already on scene , and stated no action would be taken , this is being looked into. BUT please keep an eye out in any of your areas and inform any of your clubs to be on the lookout.

B

binka

It wasn't Gobson Green was it?

Seriously though that is pretty disgraceful if that's what has been happening :mad:

mick b

Reaction score
I would doubt the culprits are UK born.

However in many continental countries the use of a spear gun for 'sport' is perfectly acceptable and legal.
Obviously these people see nothing wrong in what they are doing, or perhaps they are like those spotted along the Itchen, who dropped their speargun before the Police could catch them in the act?
They knew they were in the wrong but were just one jump ahead of the Law.

NB
I have a magazine article with guys showing how they spearfish White Marlin off the coast of Algarve Portugal and how unsporting, inhumane and utterly stupid is that :eek:mg: ?