Wanted: Fladen Travel Match Rod 6 Piece

acass

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 6 piece Fladen Maxximus Travel 13ft Match Rod. I know they stopped making them a while ago so it's going to be tough finding one, any help will be much appreciated. It's the only 13' float rod I know that will fit in a suitcase and go on a plane.

Cheers,
acass.

acass

Reaction score
Thanks Binka but sad to say they do not have one in stock and when I click on 'add to basket' I get an 'Error' page.

This is the first ad I found when I started looking 2 or 3 months ago along with another one from Marine Mega Store. I ordered and paid for the rod from Marine only to have them refund my money because they were no longer available. story of my life a day late and a dollar short.

Cheers,
acass.

B

binka

acass

Reaction score
I'm very impressed with the Grey's 7 Piece. Float and feeder fits into suitcase very well but the price is a killer. At 117 pound it's twice what I wanted to pay and a much more than I expected to pay but maybe not more than I'm willing to pay. I'll have to have a think, it's going to be a logistics problem, then again nothing I can't solve even if it means giving up a days fishing.

B

binka

The Greys is an exceptional rod all things considered, I've got one that I don't use very often at all nowadays but it is a real pleasure to fish with when I do.

Not sure whereabouts you are but if you want to pick it up and take it out for a session before parting with cash on a new one (if you decide to go that route) you're more than welcome :)

acass

Reaction score
Binka that is a very generous offer unfortunately this is where logistics comes in, I'm in the States. I'll be flying in on the 4th Oct and going straight to Norfolk for 2 weeks fishing then spending 2 weeks visiting family and friends.

I was looking at prices on line and see that Sheltons of Peterborough has the best price at 117 pounds so it looks like Norwich via Peterborough. I've got to be in Norwich by 4 pm to pick up a key so providing that jet lag doesn't get me and there are no serious road works on the A1 I should do OK.

I think the Greys will be perfect, I have 2 float/feeder rods here in the States but to take them on a plane costs an arm and a leg so the Greys will have paid for itself by it's second trip.

Thanks again for your very kind offer.
acass.

B

binka

I didn't realise you were in the States :D

Ah well I hope you manage to pick one up easily enough, just as an idea to save you a few bob and the running around what about asking if the place where you're picking your key up from would accept delivery and hold on to one for you and order one online to be delivered there all ready for your arrival... there's a brand new one here at just over £100 including p&p...

GREYS PRODIGY TX 12' ROVA FLOAT 6 PIECE TRAVEL ROD WITH TRAVEL BAG | eBay

Good luck with everything :)

acass

Reaction score
I looked at that and was all set to go then realized it was a 6 piece not 7. Now that I'm sold on the Greys idea I may as well go the whole hog and get the Plus.

I even looked up where Addlestone was.

Last edited:
B

binka

If i'm not mistaken the six and seven piece rods are both identical in packed down and assembled length with the only difference being an additional quivertip section on the Plus... with hindsight I wish I had spent an extra tenner and gone for the seven.

acass

Reaction score
The 7 piece rod is impossible to find as it is now a discontinued item. 2 times I thought I had found one but it turned out to be the 6 piece so I went and bought the 6 piece that you pointed out Binka. now all I've got to do is pick it up and get it into action, I would have loved having the option of a float rod and a feeder rod in the same rod but with the help of a sidewinder I'm sure I'll manage. I'll keep you all informed on how it works out, that's if they've got WiFi in the pub if not let's hope they have some good bitter, Adnams maybe!