Fishing in Reading?

angler_jack

Reaction score
Ok Saturday im of to Reading university and after 3 months of doing nothing but working and fishing (a life i started to enjoy) i need to keep my fishing fix going! I know the area has great fishing with the thames and kennet. So looking for to see if anyone knows any free stretches or cheap day tickets. Or whether joining a club will work out better value. Any info much appreciated!

P.s since im in halls my first year i have no space im sure i can get most or my tackle into a little bag but i really on want to take a one rod does all, and as i dont fish rivers much any good ideas?

aebitim

Reaction score
Hi Jack,
Reading University has 3 lakes in its grounds and has its own fishing club, I used to fish them with a mate who works there. The bottom lake is big and held some good tench bream and carp, the middle one was full of Jack pike and the top one was a good perch water. The river is free from Sonning to Scours lane except for the swan sanctuary areas and there is the Child Beale stretch above Pangbourne at £6 a day.
Alan at Thames Valley Angling is helpfull.
If you have wheels the RDAA permit has some really good waters.
Hope this helps

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
If you're really serious and have lots of fishing time at your disposal you could do worse that having a look at Reading & District Angling. A very good website with loads of still/running waters to suit everyone and quality as well.
Dinton Pastures just outside Reading is good as well with some magnificent fish, again if you have time as not easy waters. I think they still do day tickets but check just in case.....

You're spoilt for choice really !!