Fox Classic Easy Dome

S

Steven Aisthorpe

I am thinking of buying the Fox Classic Easy Dome, as anyone else got one and are they any good? Are they easy to put up and down? Is there plenty of room in them? And more importantly do they leak??? Cheers!!

M

Malcolm Bason

"I am thinking of buying the Fox Classic Easy Dome," - BUY IT "as anyone else got one and are they any good?" YES AND YES "Are they easy to put up and down?" YES AND YES "Is there plenty of room in them?" YES - ENOUGH "And more importantly do they leak???" NO "Cheers!!" No probs mate.

Iv'e had mine for a year and have had only minor probs but which can be gotten around.

One being the quick release joints - they have started to stiffen up and are harder to pull apart, but a spray with silicon does the job. Two the elastics that attach the dome to the joints, sometimes they twist round too much after erecting and putting away a few times that when you go to put them away I find that there is too much tension on the joint/elastic and is difficult to undo and then fold away.

But making sure these are ok prior to erection makes it a brilliant bivvie. (imo)

A

Alan Roe

I'll echo most of Malc's comments I bought mine mail order when it arrived one of the joints was broken....But a quick couple of phone calls and the problem was solved and I got a new part.
Since then I've beeen very happy with it, you get the best of both worlds it's a dome system that is as easy to put up as a brollie!

M

Malcolm Bason

Hi Murray, but Steven is asking about the 'Classic Easy Dome' and they only retail for about ?160 ish!

The only problem I have with putting away mine is during the winter months, they do get, and consequently - YOU GET plastered in mud! LOL Have fun!

S

Steven Aisthorpe

Well can anyone recommend any other bivvy for about the same price, that is easy to put up and down, and as plenty of room?

P

Paul Williams

Steve, Take mo notice of Murray, hes just a masoci...masi...max......he likes to fish in conditions that hurt and would send your average carper (he's a slimer!) to the local institite ;).......the Fox easydome works for me, does all you are asking

D

Dave Celio

Steve, I have bought The Fox Easy dome for ?150 this weekend. I haven't actually used it on the bank as yet, but i have put it up in the back garden a couple of times. What can i say..... It's very simple to put up, about 4 mins in total. I have a Cocoon II bedchair which fits perfect. The space is minimal, but the porch area allows for extra storage. It comes with a decent set of pegs (not the usual bendy type) There are four useful pockets inside, again for storage.

I think that for the money the Fox Easy Dome is definately a front runner. You know when something is made well when you use it. Trust me, you wont be disapointed!

I think Fox are looking to release some new products in their Bivvy range, so if you decide to go along with the easy dome, I'm sure that the sellers will be will to drop their prices. I got mine reduced from ?184.99 to ?150.00 at Wickford and Basildon Angling! Good Luck

D

Des Tobin

Hi all,
i too have just go the Easy-Dome,also the groundshhet and "MAT"..now not trying to be too DOH! about it,WHATS THE MAT FOR?...seems pretty uneccessary to me,but I may be wrong...

S

Simon Webster

I got mine last year, after several years of threading poles! (I've had enough of these). I one sentence.. Yes, they are brilliant, primarily because its not so much a hassle to move swims, if the fish are showing elsewhere.... On the plus side, easy to put up...4 mins, you must be asleep... 2 mins more likely. On the minus side, the fabric on the original rips easily, particularly adjacent to the central boss, so be careful (mine has an extra air-con.vent at the top). Second, the outer skin doesn't remain waterproof for long, so Fabsil it each season. Also, as someone else has commented upon, use a silicon spray to keep the snap-lock joints smooth. I gather that the new design this year has a 4 oz cover, so this should get rid of these negative points. Despite the design, it seem stable in fierce winds, although I've had a few anxious moments, when it seems that the whole lot is going to turn into a hovercraft- buy some decent pegs! One thing to do is to get the extra groundsheet. It doesn't weigh much, but mine already has a couple of holes- rather have them in the groundsheet than the bivvy! Bit of a bastard to get back in the bag though, particularly when its wet, but with a groundsheet, it shouldn't get too dirty, and I'm sure we all air our bivvies after every trip-don't we? Simon.

N

Nick Gardner

Why not have a look at the other products out there before spending all that cash. Have a look at www.aquaproducts.co.uk. Made in the UK and just about the best I have seen. Was always a Titan man myself and just did not put the front panel on but the thing feel to pieces in 2 years and then I broke some of the ribs on it and it would cost a fortune to get fixed. The Aqua Brolly is one I heard being praised about on this site and they were right. One bloke had had his for 10 years and still not a rip (was the older model which has since been improved!!)

K

Kevan Busby

Just bought the new classic Easy Dome, 4oz material, excellent, a full erection in less than 3 minutes (gasp!!). Plenty of room with the Premier bedchair. My local dealer did it for ?165, bought an extra strong groundsheet for ?5 from the local army surplus shop, ?26 for the Fox one - ha ha ha.