The 5th Trent Fish-in

F

Fred Bonney

A confusing but,then again maybe not.

Entertaining,yes that's what I meant,a good read Lee.

By the way,the AWAK has landed at BFWTrentidal./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

W

whiskerton

Funny article Lee.Just out of interest,as i live in the don valley, could you tell me how i can join the dvsg?

regards

mike

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Hello Whiskerton

The DVSG is a secret society and joining is a case of "deads men shoes"

we are capped at our current level to ensure that we don't get too successful and cause anyone a prolapsed vagina when we dominate the press

but you are more than welcome to fish along with us or start another group...its great fun!

P

pons

Whatto Lee me duck,

Nice read ,in your own absolutely inimatable style.

Whiskerton is not a bad old boy ./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

lol,

Pons

Reaction score
Another cracking read from the crazy world of the Handsworth Horse /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Hope to get on the Trent with you in September Lee.

Matt

Skoda

Reaction score
I can't wipe the smile from my face, a great way to start the day, brilliant account. I must try and fish one of these!

Regards

Andy

Lark

Reaction score
Could be time for some stronger meds Lee!

Anentertaining read, as always.

Reaction score
Lee

What type of Oval did you get from Climax? I'm after one myself.

I notice they have a deal on the new JRC brolley system (incl. wrapp, poles and ground sheet).

W

whiskerton

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Lee Swords wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Hello Whiskerton

The DVSG is a secret society and joining is a case of "deads men shoes"

we are capped at our current level to ensure that we don't get too successful and cause anyone a prolapsed vagina when we dominate the press

but you are more than welcome to fish along with us or start another group...its great fun!</blockquote>
Just thought I'd ask,I asked the tidal trenters if i could join them.I went to the first couple of meetings and everything was going great,they asked me to fish somewhere other than collingham and i got a bit scared.I mean 37 miles of tidal trent,why bother with all that when you can camp out at collingham,idiots!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

W

whiskerton

<blockquote class=quoteheader>pons wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Whatto Lee me duck,

Nice read ,in your own absolutely inimatable style.

Whiskerton is not a bad old boy ./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

lol,

Pons </blockquote>
Damned by faint praise lol.How you doing chris? sold that syndicate out yet? Took your advice and left the chair at home,caught loads more but christ my back hurts /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Lee Swords

Reaction score
I actually only fish Collingham as a social venue...its not really my cup of tea.

I much rather fish Non-tidal areas...at least the river behaves itself instead of going up and down all the time/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

And Collingham...anyone would think it was only 10 pegs long....find the last man and drop 10 pegs below him

W

whiskerton

Lee,just to put you straight on a couple of points.Anybody that could be bothered to turn up to the first tidal trenters meet was welcome with open arms,some drove 70 miles.Martin came,and subsequently asked if you could join as well.The general consenus was that there would be a conflict of interest involving your membership of the dvsg.The tidal trenters are a bunch of ordinary anglers that share a common belief concerning the potential of the tidal trent to produce the next british record barbel.We seek no publicity and no pesonal hunger for fame.Our website has no sponsored links or product placement.To deride us for your non inclusion smacks of sour grapes,and to suggest that we are following you is an arrogance of the highest order.I'm sure you'll have a witty and buffoon like response to this post.

regards

mike

Lee Swords

Reaction score
no

its a big river

it has big fish in it

we try to catch the big fish

sometimes we fail

sometimes we don't

at the end of the day does it matter?

one way or the other

what matters

is friendship

conflict of interests

doesn't come into it

how can you have a conflict with a shared interest?

however a sense of humour

and awillingness to laugh at the futility of our passion does have advantages

Will the DVSG be remembered?

Will the tidal trent group be remembered?

Does anyone care about the huge fish caught by a carper?

Returned without weighing

Sour grapes about fishing groups....

No just amusement at the whole thing

will you be sick ifI break the record?

would a pig sprout wings and fly over Dunham to avoid the toll?

would I be sick if you did the same?

the answer is quite simple

I would be elated as it would prove a point that I have stood by for many years

not being part of the DVSG...has it affected your fishing?

so no great loss there then

has "not" being part of the tidal trenters affected mine?

I am always "affected"...but the fishing remains constant

Buffoonery is an advantage...you should try it

lighten up and smell the tibetan balsam...its very relaxing

you should try it Eagle one nine eye in the sky

I will be on the non-tidal lower reaches tommorow

come and see me fish...You won't learn a thing

but you may have a laugh

maybe

P

pons

Mike ,Lee,

Proud to know you both as mates and good fishers,and didn't realise about this spat re Trent,which is what it is,it's a huge bit of river,room for all whatever the aim,hope you sort it out,as you are both good guys.

lol,

Pons

W

whiskerton

Humour is essential,Lee.Your articles brighten up this site and the Angling star.However,if you use them as a platform to deride others then people will react.I would love to see the next record barbel come from the Trent.The Pons will probably snaffle it on a dvd shoot,now that would be a story...........

good luck

Mike