Annual Bait Bill?

B

binka

Has anyone dared to work out what their annual bait bill totals and how much is it?

I've been on a bit of a drive to reduce mine this year and it's going ok to be fair but I still reckon i'm in it for around £350 - £400 per year.

That excludes artificials like lures and jigs which I probably should include but I just don't want to go there :eek:mg:

What's yours... ?

nicepix

Reaction score
I haven't worked mine out but I know it has been a lot less £'s for much more fishing since I switched largely from proprietary baits and groundbaits and used far more maize, wheat and alternative products such as chicken pellets.

C

chefster

I would say probably between £700 - £ 1000,roughly ....

C

chefster

Gaz you've surprised me... i'd got you down for two grand at least! :eek: ;) :D

The thing the is Steve ,every time i go in for bait ,i end up spending £20 upwards on other bits and pieces as well ,and i was being conservative with my guesstimation!! Gazza

terry m

Reaction score
This is a good question, and one that I have never previously considered.

Some rudimentary maths gives me a much lower number than I first thought. I would guess at about £400.

daji

Reaction score
quite a large amount of money for something we are just chucking in the water :eek: a pity fish don't just eat leaves

sagalout

Reaction score
1 25kg of skretting pellets at £35 delivered.
10 cans of sweetcorn at 24p a tin.
5 cans of sainsburys basics luncheon meat at 79p a can.
5 pints of maggots at £3 a pint.

Total £56.35

badgeroo

Reaction score
I wouldn't even hazard a guess - you know those that think they should be obeyed and all that

no-one in particular

Reaction score
My basics are bread and sweetcorn which probably works out at less than £45 a year. Add on some cheese and now and again other samples. Probably less than £60. However, I am only a pleasure angler so, I guess that must make a big difference. I suppose it comes down to if your happy with what you catch on the baits you use?

stillwater blue

Reaction score
Around £300ish this year, I have been using a lot of home prepared baits and groundbaits.

The last year I was seriously carp fishing I spent £1800 on boilies alone and I was paying trade prices! Still, I caught very well:w

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Would those who have posted actual amounts of money spent give some idea of the times they go fishing.
I'm amazed at the amounts spent but I'd be interested in what this works out per session ( approximately )

£1800 on boilies! That is a staggering amount even if you did 'catch very well' Must be a serious number of boilies................

C

chefster

Would those who have posted actual amounts of money spent give some idea of the times they go fishing.
I'm amazed at the amounts spent but I'd be interested in what this works out per session ( approximately )

£1800 on boilies! That is a staggering amount even if you did 'catch very well' Must be a serious number of boilies................

Tee-Cee,i put £700- £1000 PA,i tend to fish 2/3 matches a week,more if work allows,less if it does,nt ,roughly on average £15-£20 per week,sometimes more /sometimes less-obviously winter bait bills are very cheap-summer can be high...I also have to consider my travelling to matches,pools and entry fee,and replenlshing terminal tackle.....Chef

barbelboi

Reaction score
Compared to some figures quoted here I seem to spend very little. Probably averaging £3ish per 6/8 hour session (unless on a fish’in/match – about 6 a year) with many river sessions not costing a thing (especially earlier in the season) using lobs/slugs/minnows/snails/ grubs from dead wood, etc. Even rolling meat/cheese would be within that figure.
Jerry

B

binka

Around twice/three times a week as an average for my £350 - £400, at least twice a week in summer and often more, usually at least once a week in winter.

C

chefster

Taking everything into consideration-new tackle,bait,pools,fuel etc i usually spend about £500 per month on fishing...Gaz