Impossible to get "Catching the Impossible" on TV?

Noel80

Reaction score
4 years in the making and no one wants to touch it by the looks of it.

Channel 5 snubs Hugh Miles show

I was really looking forward to this. I won't be watching a second of that Robson Green programme. Sounds awful.

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Maybe it will be released on DVD sooner then,unless production and distribution costs are too prohibitive, 4 years effort can't be left to waste surely?

Nathan

Reaction score
I hope not, i saw some of the show at the Go Fishing Show @ the NEC & it looked really good. It's got a very 'Passion for Angling' feel to it due to Hugh's involvement and i'd say it was one of the only shows i've seen since PfA that comes even close to the 'real' angling experience.

Noel80

Reaction score
Yes I'm sure it will come out on DVD but the positive exposure that a terrestrial TV series could give to angling could be huge.

Passion for Angling is why I got into fishing. Our whole family would watch it together. Yet no one in our family fished at the time! That is the power of (quality) TV.

People DO watch quality angling programmes. Anglers obviously but also non-anglers.

I would buy the DVD but then of course there'll be bootlegs appearing on ebay and whole episodes illegally available to watch for free on Google Videos etc. Hugh Miles deserves better than that.

It would be a travesty is this just gets consigned to DVD or obscure satelite channels.

W

Wolfman Woody

I agree Noel, but it's the satelite channels that have taken all the advertising money out of the terrestrial channels. The cake is only so big and some of the lesser known stations are almost giving away ad time.

Believe it or not, but Bill Cotton Jnr forecasted this 25 years ago.

Bit disappointed in the Beeb though if they aren't interested.

Reaction score
The beeb should show 'Strictly Come Splodging' at prime time on Saturday evening. The show where a bunch of has been celebs learn how to fish and compete to stay on the telly each week in teh hope of been spotted for some proper workbefore disappearing again.

Keith M

Reaction score
Its a pity you can't buy a TV without having to pay the archaic BBC TV licence as the BBC would soon be in trouble.

Lot of out of date beurocrats with their stupid ill-informed opinions of what people want to watch (or should want) if you ask me. /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
The BBc is out of date and has been for years, they should be made to sell Ad time to survive as the others are. Monopoly comes to mind, and i dont mean the game.

I am sure we will see plenty of repeat programmes as normal, and as normal very poor one'sat that. In truth we are held to Ransom.

barbelbonce

Reaction score
Ch 5 have commissioned R Green beccause of his"...passion and knowledge of angling..."!

Why have I not heard of him in any kind of angling context? Has anybody? (Come to think of it, I believe I have never seen one thing on TV in which he has appeared).

UNLIKE: <a href="http://www.fishingmagic.com/localiser/member.asp?sp=&v=9&MemNo=6812" title="Visit Woody the Moaning Marlow Meldrew member profile">Woody the Moaning Marlow Meldrew</a> ;

a much greater star, surely...

Cheers, Mike

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Surely the problem with the BBC is that over the years they have been infiltrated by the 'anti's'.

Angling is a cruel pastime which should not be encouraged to the masses, much like hunting. /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

Gone are the days of Jack Hargreaves' - Out of Town. With his look at what life was like in the country now that was program worth running home from school for. My God! Todays numpties at the Beeb would just laugh if someone came up with that type of program idea today. Far too quaint. Besides, how could they build a phone vote into that for additional profit? Anyone for a dance?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Stunned. /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

Nathan

Reaction score
Surely if enough people ask for angling programme they'll realisethere's a demand at (hopefully) start showing a few? I know that's a bit optimistic but how else can we ensure that everyone gets to see shows such as Catching The Impossible?