Ledger rigs

Tom Ward 4

Reaction score
Hi,

I am reasonable new to Carp fishing and am after the correct way to rig up, what best to use etc,

Currently i am using a Hair and a ledger but what is best to keep the ledger where i want it, rubber stops?

Cheers

Tom

Carpless

Reaction score
Well your rig will have the hair, hook and then a swivel at the other end. If you are using inline leads (the line goes through the lead) then you should be able to put either the swivel eye or almost whole swivel up inside the lead, SEE HERE. This is called semi fixed because it will still give the bolt effect (I.e. fish picks up bait, is pricked by the hook, tries to move away ("bolt") or shake its head and picks up the lead which pulls the hook deeper into the lip), but it also means that if the line snaps it won't be enough to hold the lead on the swivel should it get snagged up. The lead would simply pull out and the fish won't get tethered to anything. Other than that there are a lot of different ledger techniques that you should spend some time researching. There are articles on this site and all over the internet explaining them, from safety clips to free running. The most important thing is that you are fishing a safe rig that isn't going to bring any harm to the fish, well thats the idea anyway.

F

Frothey

you could also look in the techniques and rigs sections on here. added bonus is no-ones trying to sell you anything......

wayne bradford

Reaction score
this is the one i use http://www.freewebs.com/knotvids/leadsetups.htm

i used to do it by useing an inline lead where the line goes through some tubeing then through the lead then attached a swivel and addid the huck length but a lot of places seam to be banning that now so i use that 1 for safty problem is i use a lot more leads lol

tight lines guys