Great Stour

clonker

Reaction score
Fished the great stour last weekend, just got back into coarse fishing and after fishing some local day ticket lakes successfully, I was keen to get on the river.

What a superb day I had on the stick float! I was getting bites constantly for 5 hours, by feeding and fishing maggot only.

Nothing to really write home about but it was such an enjoyable session. I had a good bag of roach to just over 1lb, and a good average stamp... Lots of perch to 1lb, a good few dace and some of 4o-5oz, a Rudd, a bream and a few gudgeon.

To keep on catching the roach I had to keep adjusting everything, which made it a good challenge and very enjoyable. They're a fantastic species - my current favourite :)

I had just bought a second hand harrier z float rod too, which I thought might be too heavy, but it was just the job - a very nice rod, especially for under 20 notes! The roach etc made a very good account of themselves, it was great for controlling the float, and hitting bites.

Will do some more reports soon, as I will be on the river throughout the winter, when I have time...

Last edited: