Walter White - Grrrr!

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A once possibly great and certainly good man gone bad and become the very Devil himself rides out into lasting infamy. I am watching the very last episode of Breaking Bad, courtesy of "Blackbeard". If you don't hear from me (or The Otters) again, then you'll know that Heisenberg came for and found me.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Carry on with it, Lord P. Never spoil it for you. Series 5, the last, really is excellent.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Say my name."

"You are the Man Who Shaves Moles."

"Too damned right!"

daji

Reaction score
i'm 4 episodes into 'series' 5 :eek: and have been watching 3-4 episodes a night. Its so damn good, makes me want some of that nice blue meth :cool:

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can do you some Mole and Grey Squirrel in any colour you like....

laguna

Reaction score
Thanks, we now have to get - this the crime drama never seen that has sprawled across 62 episodes over more than five years!!!
Apparently it has created a following so devoted that the show’s final eight episodes have been treated almost as one extended finale, with every line, every frame fervently discussed. So… where have you been?
Actually, British viewers have a good excuse for never having seen Breaking Bad at all. It was broadcast on television here only briefly, first on the digital channel FX then later for two seasons on Channel 5, before disappearing altogether. All five seasons, and the concluding episodes, are now available on Netflix, but in the long hiatus Breaking Bad’s growing reputation relied on word of mouth, the box set, the illegal download.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Plus having an old friend who delivers boxfuls of barely marked DVDs to me from time to time, then goes out of the door with a "Watch them then eat or something" parting line.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sat through part of a Saturday night's television schedule with a TV-owner friend plus her family tonight - Harry Hill's cat, pensioner and teen atrocities, adverts (Super Beauty, both male and female, parfum with attitude, cutie-cutie M&S and worse), Strictly Come Granny, Z-List Faction etc - and have seen the blue light.

Santa, please send me plenty of this - Methamphetamine is top Christmas gift - to take the pain away. Don't tell Walt.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
The hardest part of living without a TV set is convincing the licence authority that you don't own (or want!) one.

They seem to have an almost religious zeal to their belief that this accomplishment is unattainable.

If someone told them Lord Lucan hadn't renewed his licence, they'd find him in less than a weekend.

I suspect that, like you, Mr Boote, I draw a certain comfort from the fact that one small, overblown, over exaggerated arm of the state regards me as a potential enemy, a Gerrard Winstanley in the making.

My books and my radio are enough (I've no doubt they're reading this......:) )

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes. I have had a lovely, very large, Idris Alba look-alike gent visit me twice in the past two years, a man from the TV Licence enforcement people, the last time, with him saying, just a few weeks ago, after a great and very friendly visit two years earlier, at my doorstep: "Oh man. Not you again. How'ya doing Bro?". He left after having been brought in for a coffee and being told a few times times not to apologize again.

laguna

Reaction score
Reminds me of a friend who answered his door to a man who's detector van showed that he was watching TV without a licence.
He was appeased with a cup of something and a couple of video showings of angling's finest. No licence, no worries for watching quality dvd apparently.