Is it worth owt?

symonh2000

Reaction score
I have here a Sundridge Vitesse 13ft match rod from around 1992, and I never use it. Condition wise it is virtually mint.

Just wondered how much it would be worth if I was to sell it.

It wasn't mega expensive when it was new, but I know certain older gear has a following.

If it isn't worth much I will probably keep it, or donate it to my dad for when he retires. ;)

Many thanks. :cool:

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I think I need a bit of help in valuing some fishing tackle too.

At present I drive a cab at night to make my living. Last night I picked up a very attractive woman of about 40 years of age, during the course of the journey she asked me what hobbies I had, and of course I told her that I was a keen angler, she seemed quite knowledgeable and said that her late husband had been a very keen fly fisherman. She said that she had a stiff shoulder from doing some gardening during the day, jokingly; I asked her why she didn't give the fly fishing a go herself to loosen it up. She said that she had tried fishing but didn't really enjoy it. I suggested that she should try acupuncture or a massage. She said that she was afraid of needles but she wouldn't mind giving massage a go and then asked if I was any good at it. Well what could I say?

When we reached her house she invited me inside and led me up to her late husband’s study. Stacked against the wall were boxes and boxes containing all of the chaps fishing gear. Now I am the first to admit that I am not that well up on fly fishing, but when I looked inside the boxes there were eight fly reels all in matching cases made by a company called Hardy and stood against the wall were about a dozen rods mostly in tubes marked with the names Sage and Loomis, there was everything you could possibly need to do any kind of fly fishing. She said that; as she was going to get rid of it all anyway, then I would be doing her a favour by taking it off of her hands, well of course I agreed, who wouldn't? She said I could come back the following evening to collect it. While I was looking over all this fly fishing gear, she had left the room and had slipped into a bathrobe, she returned holding a bottle of body lotion. I quickly followed her into the bedroom where she let the robe slip from her shoulders and drop to the floor. She went to the bed and lay face downwards I applied the baby lotion and eased her aching shoulders, amongst other things.

What I want to know is; whether this fishing tackle is worth much money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just in case I fall asleep in the cab and have the same dream again tomorrow night.

symonh2000

Reaction score