has anyone fished richworth linear fisheries ?

Nathan

Reaction score
I've fished there a few times this year. There's a few pics in my albums if you want to have a look.

I last went downat the end of May and fished on St John's. It was pretty hard and there wasn't much coming out, my mate had a 20lber in the morning but that was all we had. The bay at the top of the lake was closed due to people fishing for a magazine feature & even they didnt have much

There's a lot of weed in the lakes so make sure have strong line & i would advise against using backleads - they just get dragged into the weed & make playinga fish extremely difficult.

If you can try to go midweek to give yourself the best chance. Also bear in mind it's now school holidays for 6 weeks so it's likely to be fairly busy.

dean?o

Reaction score
we go to linears each year, and have to say generally we do well with up to around 40 - 70 fish each. it depends which lake you go onto and what your fishing for. the lakes are weedy but not to the extent that you can`t fish. i found that stringers seemed to outwork other methods i tried, so worth a punt if the fishing is slow.

Reaction score
what lake is better to fish on genrall for tench and carp out of st johns and manor farm lake.

also what baits did you find works best

Nathan

Reaction score
Manor is possibly a bit easier than st johns altho it depends on how many ppl are fishing on each of the lakes.

Plastic corn seems do to well, i've also found trimmed down yellow pop-ups seem to work as well.