Big roach on the severn

brooce2110

Reaction score
Hi guys, ime new here so be gentle if i do everything wrong as technology deffo isnt my strong point :eek: ... Ime back fishing again after a 7 year break due to personal stuff and have totally fell in love with angling again !! Ime desperate to locate some big roach on the severn and was hoping someone mayber able to help ?? Big thanks Brooce

hunters moon

Reaction score
:):)HI YOU DID NOT SAY WHAT AREA ON THE SEVERN YOU ARE CONTEMPLATING FISHING? IM ON THE SEVERN AT CRESSAGE AND WE HAVE
SOME VERY GOOD ROACH PARTICULARLY ON THE PRINCE ALBERT SECTION
AND ALSO ON THE LEIGHTON ANGLING SOCIETY.
IT WOULD SEEM THAT WE BOTH HAVE A STRONG APPRECIATION FOR THE ROACH.
TIGHT LINES
HUNTERS MOON:):).

at the end of every fishing trip leave only footprints.

russell_bush

Reaction score
A few big 'uns showing on the lower river too, in the same areas where they've shown over the last 30 plus years in my fishing knowledge.

Best of all, there's next to no-one interested in them, too many barbel and zed heads ! Great scope to do your own thing quietly !:wh:)

mick b

Reaction score
Welcome back.

Your right when you say you wish to locate rather than catch..:rolleyes:

You obviously know your Roach, location is one thing, catching a completely different story.
I have always found that the best resource are the more mature memebrs of the local angling community, they have already caught their fish and if your prepared to listen to their catch stories then some good info is usually in there somewhere.
It took me 4 years and many many long chats before I discovered the better locations, some of which I still cannot fish because they are 'private', and then a few more to catch a few of the fish I was after.

Now I only visit my hotspots once or twice a year, to see if the residents have grown any bigger :cool:

Whatever, please keep us all informed how you get on, no locations, just a quick update.

PS
Whatever you do ignore completely the information provided on club websites especially RDAC and CAC.

theartist

Reaction score
I have been learning some of the B.A.A stretches of Severn this year (mainly the middle reaches) and agree with Russel's post about everyone after Barbel - i have been the only guy trotting on every visit and every day has been great fishing for me. Would also like to know any areas for nice roach on the Severn as haven't had one over 8oz yet:(

Oh... and welcome to the forum Brooce

badgeroo

Reaction score
Hi and welcome!
Float fishing on the Severn is great wherever you are. I don't know the best places at the moment as I live in somerset but, I used to have some good sessions on the town stretch in Worcester ( along the side of the cricket ground.) Good luck!:):):)