My day on the River Kennet with Graham Elliott

NIGE K

Reaction score
a good write up claudia and some lovely looking fish well done.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done Claudia, not only are you no longer a Barbel 'virgin' but also no longer an 'Article virgin'

It sounds as if you and Graham had a great day, some nice fish, a PB Barbel and you also learned an awful lot as well.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Claudia what a lovely write up. The pictures of those Barbel are excellent well done. I hope Mr Elliot looked after you well. Oh and did you remember to take a bottle white wine for Graham he does like his tipple on the bank side LOL.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Well done Claudia.

Are you Martin Bowlers long lost twin?/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Micheal I think you need glasses Martin Bowler is far from being as pretty as Claudia.

/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
I know it's just the cap, glasses and hair!

I could be in bother at my next fish-in/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Thanks for you kind words all.....indeed it was a fantastic day and Graham is a swell of a guy.

Peter,

It wasn't my first barbel. I caught my first one one week before the closed season started at Throop weighing 12lb 5oz. But you right, it is my first article, not a very good one I'm afraid but most of you know that English is not my mother language.

Ian,

Graham looked after me very well, except the time he wanted to throw me in to the water lol......now you tell me about the wine, too late i'm afraid. Oh and thank you for the compliment about being better looking than Martin Bowler.

Mrs Townsend,

You owe me at least a 2lb roach for that/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif and I might forgive you /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
What a good write up, it's sound's like you had a very good day especially in bright condition's.

Graham's a nice bloke and he look's after his guest's, I certainly enjoyed my day with him, fancy making him blush /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif.

Now no more barbel novice talk, get on and catch them, you've caught barbel most would be proud of.

Oh Steve Pope has said that your tee shirt is now ready /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif, all you have to do is spend a the night with Fred B, FISHING up't north and then down to the caravan with Steve and he said" he would give it to you "

Thetee shirt /forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Mmmh a night on the bank with Fred B than time with Steve P in the caravan?

Fraid I can't do that, I'm not a BS member/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
Yeah but you will be after and you'll have tee shirt to prove it /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
What can in say but well done on the double wammy. New river double and first article.

Will have to get you up north for a session.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Hi Claudia. well done on your first article. Easy reading.

BUT, I don't want anyone thinking I'm too nice. Still a cantakerous old B'stard. Sometimes.

But you were great fun, easy company and willing to learn. Underarm casting. One of the small river fishers most important skills, easy once you practice.

Get out on that cricket pitch! I'll be checking...

Kind regards, thanks all the comments.

Graham

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
****y

Thanks, I look forward fishing 'your' mighty river again. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Graham,

So far Ihave not been put in to a 'straight jacket' ...but there is time yet/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

Well done Claudia, nice read, thought I'd read it elsewhere though!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

He's alright is our Graham, I had my first double courtesy of himself. I put his methods into practice, even on the mighty Trent.

Graham, cantankerous? No more than some others /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

Oh, and Claudia, you don't need to be a member to have an overnighter with me.

It would help though as, Downton is so close to you!

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
I guess the weight of the barbel at 10lb 14ozs -

Do I get the prize................