Marshmallows

KAR

Reaction score
I recently heard that marshmallows are good for Carp and was just wondering if anybody here has had any luck with them?

Thanks

Jay Folly

Reaction score
mmmmmm..... wouldnt the melt in the water after a couple of minutes?

leaving no bait on the hook!?

KAR

Reaction score
I would have thought that too or maybe they are just good for baiting rather than a hook bait. I might aswell give it a go. Perhaps, I'll try it on the surface with a pole so I can see if the bait comes off.

C

Cakey

why would you want to try ?

if they were any good tackle shops would be full of marshmellows !

KAR

Reaction score
Good point, Perhaps I'll keep them for myself then. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

dont get me wrong Ive nothing against a bit of exprimenting and testing things out etc

and there are so many bait companies out there doing it for us that I would rather put my time into actual fishing

also have you done any research to see if theres anything in a marshmellow that may harm a carp ?

KAR

Reaction score
I'll try find the article that said it. I'm always up for trying something new when it comes to fishing as long as it has been tried before and I know it wont hurt the fish. I'll go get a pack tomorrow and give it a read to see if there is any "undesirables" in there.

Reaction score
Marshmallows, are great for surface fishing, and from what i've used, (My hook baits don't stay in the water long, due to small fish and wildlife) don't fall off easily.

BIG problem though with them, i tend to eat more than i actually use for fishing, which on an long day session can be a problem.

Ryan

aaron martin

Reaction score
So we went yesterday with some marshmallows but didn't catch anything all day and didn't try marshmallows because the carp weren't surface feeding. I remember now, it was in this month Anglers Mail I read it.

KAR

Reaction score
Sorry, that was me who posted above. Aaron was round at mine last night and he must have logged on and not logged off.

Mark Harrison

Reaction score
Marshmallows do work, if you wanna try something a bit different give them a try, they dont fly off on the cast. Buy the mini ones you can get in white and others are yellow/ pink in the same bag

If they are having it on the top fire a few in and see what happens /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Carpless

Reaction score
When they are feeding off the surface they'll take a lot, often confusing leaves and things for the actual bait. At the price you may as well get dog biscuits and a little flavouring.

jack wilsher

Reaction score
in july 29 anglers mail it ses that the guy that wrote it used them and caught a 30 lb carp it also says they make exellent floaters. so try them on the surface and see how that works

Morespiders

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Cakey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

also have you done any research to see if theres anything in a marshmellow that may harm a carp ?</blockquote>

Err, I dont think so Mr White,I would think much less chance than millions of boilies over the years. It may make them hyper, just like it does some kids.

Kane, Iv'e caught carp on popped up marshmellow's, trouble is keeping them on longer than 1 hour, they dissolve pretty fast, and if theres other smaller fish about even less, 2 minutes, but when you do catch on one, you can feel proud that you caught on it, instead of the boring boilie.