Fishing again after a long gap.

slaphead

Reaction score
Hi there

Just joined the forum after discovering it whilst searching for info on fishing the River Ribble.

I have started fishing again this year, and boy has it changed from my cane rod boyhood. :eek:

Still learning (never too old), so I'm eager to learn about new techniques etc.

I mainly pleasure fish on a 2 lake fishery in Darwen, Lancs due to mobility issues

I'm looking forward to conversing with you guys.

hunters moon

Reaction score
:):)welcome SLAPHEAD like you I am also a new member this forum is great
fun, have a good time.
tight lines
hunters moon:):).

at the end of every fishing trip leave only footprints.

mick b

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.
FM is a fine ship run by a good captain and supported by a very happy and knowledgeable crew, a few get a little grumpy at times but thats what makes us all tick together.

As you have 'been away' the first thing you need to learn is the language and theories of the modern angler, if you read Mr Crabtree in your youth you will find those over 50 will talk the same as you, but the youngsters now talk something akin to technospeak and even believe carp have some sort of superior inteligence to themselves (that may be true :D ).

Buy yourself whatever rod and reel takes your fancy, find yourself a good club and 'go fishing', and remember we are all brothers of St Peter.

'Fishing teaches patience, 'catching fish' comes from learning patience'

slaphead

Reaction score
Thanks for the friendly welcome. :)

My name is as a result of watching too many Benny Hill programmes and also my lack of hair. :eek:

I am a member of Pendle and Burnley Angling Club and am learning every day.

Cheers

slaphead

Reaction score
Thanks Mark. :)

I have a mate who lives in Hindley, been thinking about fishing down that area, any suggestions for good spots for someone with disability issues?