Rain, rain go away

R

Ryan Turner

Has anyone braved the torrents of the Ribble yet? I am going mental waiting for acceptable levels on my favourite venue. Last week I just had to try, I couldn't take it any longer. It was a disaster, my bomb hit the surface and nearly dragged me in, I got very wet and caught some leaves! I dont know how much more of this I can take....somethings got to give....woe is me!

R

Ryan Turner

They weren't specimen leaves but they fought pretty well in the flow.

P

Paul Williams

Watch im Ryan, he's only after yer leaves!! well none of us have caught much lately !!!! things can only get better...can't they?

Alan Roe

Reaction score
Paul still disguised as a dalek I see :)
Its just that I fish the Ribble a lot and the upper end hasn't been quite as bad with some nice Chub moving.
But the temperatures are dropping fairly quickly around here now....Doesnt bode well for the next couple of days..

P

peter webber

I'm going fishing on the river medway tomorrow (tues), I'll let you all know how I get on when I get back.
----(*}}}}<

J

john conway

Any one know anything about the bottom section of the Lune form Lancaster up to Halton? Last couple of weeks my catches of leaves have been more mumerous and larger then the dace.

P

peter webber

Well i've just had my first river fishing trip since the floods started and I had 5 bream of about 3lb each, a few small roach and a rainbow trout 3/4lb.
I had never herd of rainbow in the medway let alone court one before, so that was a first for me.
All the fish were on ledger and worm bait/bread crumb groundbait.

R

Ryan Turner

Alan, the leaf session was at Balderstone, and your're most welcome to have a go for my leaves anytime :) I heard martin james talk about the upper stretches last week, above clitheroe, but my knowledge of the area is limited so I tend to fish between Ribchester and Salmesbury, are there any day ticket stretches you could recommend up that way?

Alan Roe

Reaction score
Ryan There are no day ticket stretches above Clitheroe as far as I am aware but if you e-mail me direct I might be able to sort something out stick a conact number in your e-mail
Cheers
Alan

G

Goose Ganderton

Its good to see that the Medway is getting back to normal Peter though I must say that the waters I tend to fish for Bream a 3Ib er is a skimmer :) I think the Rainbow must be on an away day from down stream. Someone told me that you get some realy big Roach at Yalding weir and that they tend to showl up there in the winter. Im gagging to go fishing as I havnt been since the floods so Im going on Monday and Tuesday next week come what may. Who controls the Medway at Yalding, its either there on Barbel on the upper reaches at Fordcombe, what do you recon Peter.

P

peter webber

Goose
The medway at yalding from the weir up stream untill you get to the sign its free fishing (about 800/1200 yds). From the weir down to the first fence its free again. I normaly fish just below the weir but that was impossible on tuesday. As for the barbel they were being had at east farleigh just before the floods started, so maybe a try there may be a good idea? The roach do showl up at yalding with some big ones with them, try the stick float for them. I must admit i'm more a ledger man and tend to go for the bream more then roach. My mate fishes the stick there and does very well with the roach. If you want more detailed info goose then email me your number and i'll give you a call.
----(*}}}}<