If you had to choose....

pidgergj

Reaction score
If you had to choose only one method to use forever what would it be and why?

mine would be the simple waggler. catches all fish all sizes and theres no better sight than that orange tip wobbling and then disappearing!

pidge

daji

Reaction score
If you had to choose only one method to use forever what would it be and why?

mine would be the simple waggler. catches all fish all sizes and theres no better sight than that orange tip wobbling and then disappearing!

pidge

pretty much this ^^

nicepix

Reaction score
Float fishing for mullet in tidal creeks. Light tackle, powerful running fish and the unpredictable nature of the species. :)

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Would have to be pole fishing for the precision depth-finding, tight baiting and float sensitivity. From 0 - 16 metres it beats the waggler hands-down IMO. However I do like fishing the waggler on open tench and carp waters where I can have a feeder rod on the buzzer for lumps and therefore direct my concentration to the float.

brummiephil

Reaction score
the banjo, its my banker method and I love watching that tip quivering before banging round ...

:eek:

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
It's lure fishing for me, though not exclusively for pike, even though pike are my preferred quarry. Perch, zander and chub respond to lures also. I usually find myself targeting them at specific times throughout the season.

mick b

Reaction score
Lure fishing.

Almost every species that swims will take a lure, the only way to go IMO.

sumtime

Reaction score
:)running a stick float down a long glide controlling it with a
centre pin (simply heaven):):).

Tight lines
hunters moon:):).

I'd love to say this but getting to rivers for me has been a no no this year and looks like the foreseeable future so I will have to plump for the waggler. Tried the pole in the past but the excitement just isn't there for me (having said that, I like the elasticated whip fishing on certain occasions).

C

chefster

Pole fishing shallow and slapping ,the most exciting and active form of pole fishing,constantly feeding,slapping the rig-elastic shooting out!!:D:D

terry m

Reaction score
Another vote, albeit reluctant, for lure fishing.

The truth is that if I was really restricted to that method, then my enthusiasm for our past-time would dwindle hugely.