carp barrow

Sean McSweeney

Reaction score
Not being able to drive i am used to carrying my gear but i moved last year and there is a longer walk to the river thesedays to make it easier i have decided to get 2 wheeledbarrow hopefully that isnt to expensive does anyone have tips on which one i should get?

ron withey

Reaction score
hi if you are looking for a good cheap one argos do one for about £40 and its well solid have seen the same one on a web page for £69 go have a look as you can look it over 1st

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Sean,

One wheel barrow is better in my opinion, easy to manouver and on uneven ground much better. Two wheels dont make it any lighter.

What size barrow are you looking for? Chub do a good small barrow, if you are going large then the carp porter is a good buy, some deals to be had if you look around.

R

Roto Fryer

the chub 3 wheeler is easier than all the other barrows because you don't have to lift/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Somewhere inbetween is the Nash Carp Barrow, 2 wheels and enough space onboard for everything you'd need for a day.

It has a waterproof cover in one pouch on the front and another pouch that I find very useful for car keys, mobiles, cigarettes etc., close to the handles. Quite manouverable, but I agree with Ray, not as such as a single wheel. Very stable though and it has extending legs to keep the barrow level when you stop.

Folds virtually flat when you take the wheels off too for easy storage in the car.

Sean McSweeney

Reaction score
I have to admit i am not sure between 1 or 2 wheel and now a 3 wheel being mentioned as well /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif,I am having a proper look around a medium sized reasonably priced barrow,i am worried that i am goin to carry the kitchen sink when i get 1 though

R

Roto Fryer

if you are going over a lot of flat ground why should you have to lift your barrow?

nik saunders

Reaction score
chub mate light and not that dosh and can convert from one wheel to three i have had mine for years and still going strong ,got mine 2nd hand and paid £30 bargain, carp porter i think are over priced