Challenge Matt

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Just watching him trying to catch 5 different sub-species of the same fish at Anglers paraise on the fly rod.

What would you challenge him to catch in 24 hours ? For me it would be catch 20 lbs of roach from a local canal.

Too easy do you hink ?

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't watch Matt without being fascinated by that single horse-tooth at the front of his gob!

Judas Priest

Reaction score
I've got a lot of time for Matt. He'll admit he's not the greatest angler but he works very very hard at what he does and promoting angling and he's always come across as a nice lad.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Like any big name angler, I'd love to see him on my local syndicate water for tewnty four hours, or more. He can even bring a load of mates. I don't care how much bait they use, but there'd be no pre-baiting of swims for them. I don't care what they fish for either, they can take their pick.

I suspect that I'd chuckle if they failed miserably, but I'd be really happy if they took the place apart. I don't really see the latter happening though but I'd love to learn the whys and wherefores if it did.

Alternatively, I'd like to see him on one of my local rivers. I don't recall seeing any of them on a TV fishing program (excluding Bob R's DVDs, but he doesn't exactly shout about it). Big name anglers on normal waters, with no special treatment is what I'd like to see. However, I doubt it would make good TV.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Like any big name angler, I'd love to see him on my local syndicate water for tewnty four hours, or more. He can even bring a load of mates. I don't care how much bait they use, but there'd be no pre-baiting of swims for them. I don't care what they fish for either, they can take their pick.

I suspect that I'd chuckle if they failed miserably, but I'd be really happy if they took the place apart. I don't really see the latter happening though but I'd love to learn the whys and wherefores if it did.

Alternatively, I'd like to see him on one of my local rivers. I don't recall seeing any of them on a TV fishing program (excluding Bob R's DVDs, but he doesn't exactly shout about it). Big name anglers on normal waters, with no special treatment is what I'd like to see. However, I doubt it would make good TV.

I suspect they would take apart the venues I fish and I suspect a lot of what I might learn would be about feeding and patience.

Dave harrel does some very pleasent stuff , probably on you tube , where he chats about fishing and catches about a million dace.

I'd like to see someone have a crack at salmon though I imagine there are a lot of blanks with that quarry.

john step

Reaction score
He exudes enthusiasm but one day I think he might catch a right hook from one of those he can't resist touching and hugging.:eek:mg:

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
If you're reading this Matt-
Thanks for the shows. They've been great.
Don't worry about not completing the challenges- that's fishing.
Keep up the good work.
PS Lovely camera work as always.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
If you're reading this Matt-
Thanks for the shows. They've been great.
Don't worry about not completing the challenges- that's fishing.
Keep up the good work.
PS Lovely camera work as always.

Yes totally agree , mainstream was even better though I thought.

Flyfishing on a canal would be another good one.

terry m

Reaction score
I actually quite liked MH, especially in his productions with Mick Brown, they went very well together.

The latest effort is missing something, I am not sure what but for me it lacks a certain spark.

pidgergj

Reaction score
i love watching Matt Hayes programmes. His enthusiasm is brilliant, particularly like the Great Rod Race and the Greater Rod Race with Mick Brown, easy to watch, funny in places and plenty of different methods, baits, rigs ect for everyone to gain something from. Even if the venues are prepared, pre baited or whatever, they still need catching.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
i love watching Matt Hayes programmes. His enthusiasm is brilliant, particularly like the Great Rod Race and the Greater Rod Race with Mick Brown, easy to watch, funny in places and plenty of different methods, baits, rigs ect for everyone to gain something from. Even if the venues are prepared, pre baited or whatever, they still need catching.

I must admit I think someone who fishes so much and for so long and writes and lectures and broadcasts about must be pretty good.

As for challenges - 2 weeks to catch a 20 lb pike from our canal ( I had one swim past me once while I was fishing huge thing it was ) how easy would that be ?