"Okay- one last cast" whats it ever done for you?.

flightliner

Reaction score
Had many a last cast.one that gave me a massive barbel and one that won me a match.
wHat havesome of yours given you?.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That last cast, with all the other tackle packed away, has saved me many a blank over the years.
I have gone home straight away quite satisfied, despite having spent many hours with not a sign of life!

hunters moon

Reaction score
:)I can think of a few occasions when making that last cast even when time
was almost up caught me a fish that helped win my section in a match.
you never can tell, just keep trying.
tight lines
hunters moon:):).

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
To be honest, the ''last cast'' reflects a tad of desperation in the main. Having said all that, when you have spent several hours out in the bleak wind swept flats of Lincolnshire in December without a touch, ''then that is truely desperation''. Especially if like me your fishing is entirely mobile.
Just occasionally it does pay off with a single fish that warrants the proverbial ''last cast, or twenty''. But in the main it's a vain hope, but we're anglers, so we persist. I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

flightliner

Reaction score
True derek, more often than not its because we just dont want the day to end. More. So perhaps years ago when all that faced the angler before he could get bankside again was a long week of drudgery down some mineshaft or other.

mick b

Reaction score
I once had access to a boating lake but could never fish the place where the boats were launched because of the constant activity.

One freezing mid Feb evening I noticed everyone had left early so I unwrapped a rod and dropped a dead roach onto the middle of the boat ramp in 4 feet of water, and away it went within a minute, resulting in a +24lb last cast of the day.

Yes I went home happy!

PS the following summer I caught a few 2lb plus Roach at last knockings from the same place.