pondskater orca

james faulkner 3

Reaction score
been looking at this bait boat, aint got much spare cash, just got a load of new gear, does anyone know anything about them, looks pretty perfect for what i want,going on ebay for £220 (ex demo). any info much appreciated.

thompson gazza

Reaction score
Hi James. Ignore all the bad hype about the boat. I have one which I bought off ebay around 8 months ago and have to say it is the best £220 I have spent. I bought a reconditioned one and have used it every weekend at my local lake as well as 2 trips to France and not had a single problem. Even rang Pondskater to buy a new aerial as I snapped mine and they sent one out FOC. It is a superb little boat which does exactly what it says - delivers the bait with no frills or expensive gadgets that you don't need.

james faulkner 3

Reaction score
needed to here a good comment like that gazza, must be the same one im looking at, £220 ex demo, made me think again now, was gonna leave it a while and save a bit more money, maybe not now thanks mate.

thompson gazza

Reaction score
Wouldn't recommend using the 7 amp battery that comes with it other than as a spare. I bought a 6volt 12 amp hour battery that lasts about 1/1.5 hours. Also, best way to make thebattery last is not to use the boat at full speed as this drains it unneccesarily.

james faulkner 3

Reaction score
more money then, how much did you pay for the upgraded battery? seen them for £40 can you get them cheaper?

thompson gazza

Reaction score
no. I paid £39.99 but I think the listing on ebay includes a free 12 amp battery if you use the buy it now button.