How did everyone get on then?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Fished the same match as Ian above. Tipped back about 5lb and DNW..
Today fished the open at willow pits. Got soaked, tipped back about 5lb and DNW....

barbelboi

Reaction score
Fished the same match as the two above, first time I've fished a match since the LAA matches of the 60's - tipped back 13.7 on a day when the fish didn't want to know including a first - two gudgeon on 10mm expander pellet:D, would have had my hat trick but the bu??er let go.

daji

Reaction score
I wimped out due to the weather and spent the weekend trawling the net for a new reel :eek:

barbelboi

Reaction score
One thing I might add, at least I now know what a commercial is and that the fish can switch off just a quickly as other waters after sudden changes in weather.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I got a nasty bout of good sense and stayed at home. Blowing an easterly hoolie and chucking it down is not conducive to good fishing. The wind is due to turn, once it does, I'll get out.

One thing I might add, at least I now know what a commercial is and that the fish can switch off just a quickly as other waters after sudden changes in weather.

Perhaps you could remind those that claim that commie fish are so, so easy to catch of this in the future.;):D

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Last night I had a brace of lovely 3Ib Roach using shoe lace segments as bait because all the bread and worms were stolen by large black squirrels. I blame it on the medication that i couldnt remember any more details when i woke up this morning

john step

Reaction score
Just done my duty and fished the club fur and feather with howling wind and rain in my face for less than a pond of bits. Watched the anglers on the far bank in relative luxury with the wind at their backs and wondered why the exposed pegs my side were included when 3/4 the other side were vacant. Reinforced my resolve as to why I don't like to give up a day pleasure fishing in a spot I would choose for myself for a match. Had a hot bath. Nice and warm now. Victor Meldrew tantrum over:):wh

aebitim

Reaction score
Dawn till dusk on a windy rainy Avon, tried hard but hammered by minnows on maggot and not a sniff on anything else.

pidgergj

Reaction score
hugely eventful day today. it hammered it down from the minute i arrived to the minute i left. it was supposed to he my first session on the pole, but the weather made it difficult so out came the waggler, and in the net went my first double. a 12lb mirror on a single grain of corn about a rod length out! 3 more carp followed and a small tench, my first one since my return to fishing. well worth getting soaked for. i was the only angler on the lake the whole day.

Heaven.

Pidge

robgal

Reaction score
Attempted a perching session with a roving approach for most of yesterday, not even a single bite on approx. 2 miles of river :rolleyes: No rain but the NEasterly wind was a bit of a pain, I was fishing lobworm on one rod and drop shotting on the other but reckon the weather put the fish right off. I did come across about 5000 roach fry but even they didn't appear too worried about attack from perch so it was a dead loss!

richiekelly

Reaction score
Had an awful day on Saturday, set of to the AGM of the ABF and was really looking forward to it, first problem the in car sat nav didn't recognise a new section of the A46 kept saying i was "off road" eventually got back on the correct road stopped at a junction the engine stopped while i was waiting for traffic (stop start) put the clutch in to restart nothing, no phone signal got wet walking to find one RAC arrived and fixed it just a sensor apparently, by this time it was to late for the AGM so went home.all this in a car with 4500 on the clock.

john step

Reaction score
had an awful day on saturday, set of to the agm of the abf and was really looking forward to it, first problem the in car sat nav didn't recognise a new section of the a46 kept saying i was "off road" eventually got back on the correct road stopped at a junction the engine stopped while i was waiting for traffic (stop start) put the clutch in to restart nothing, no phone signal got wet walking to find one rac arrived and fixed it just a sensor apparently, by this time it was to late for the agm so went home.all this in a car with 4500 on the clock.
what make of car ....so as to avoid buying one