What to do with a river bank?

neil staton

Reaction score
Ive been given the nod off the councill and environment agency to re-pl9ant/overhaul whatever you call it) to thefar bank across the river.

So I was wondering if I could plant anything that might encourage fish to hang around.

Im allowed to do what I want barring installing huge trees or causing a flood

Any ideas?

Cheers Neil

S

Sean Meeghan

Get some willows in. They grow quickly and you'll soon have plenty of nice overhanging fish cover!

F

Fred Bonney

"Im allowed to do what I want barring installing huge trees or causing a flood"

Not wishing to shed any doubt in what you say,<u> BUT</u> do you have it in writing?

The problem is, if you just mean "planting", then I very much doubt that any trees will come into it, without details being supplied to the EA first.

Who owns the "far bank" of the river, do they approve also?

keora

Reaction score
Barrie Rickards once wrote a book called "A Fishery of Your Own". In it he recommended that anglers developing an existing water shoulddelay any major workuntil they had fished it for a year or so.

If you do know it well, I'd put some crack willow branches in the bank - they'll soon root.

But you do need written confirmation from both the EA and the riparian owner (if different).

neil staton

Reaction score
The councill said the EA own it and the EA reckon the councill own it ?????

Either way my idea is mainly to beautify the bank but I may as well try to improve the fishing as well eh /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Caught a trout today! was very happy with that /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif