Oasis Lakes

KAR

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody had fished at Oasis Lakes in North Somercoats. It sounds like a good fishery and got some nice Carp in there to (up to 38lbs apparently and catfish up to 17lbs). I'm thinking of trying it out this weekend or next week and see if I can catch me a PB worth shouting about /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif.

NIGE K

Reaction score
if you fish the carp lake you need to be within a couple of pegseither side of the boat house fish a boilie with a small pva bagverytight to thefar bankand your gauranteed to catch, another good peg is at the far end of the lake in the corner with the scaffolding poles at the back of it.dont expect a 38lber though i think thats a bit of a myth mid doublesare the norm.the lake as youdrive into the fishery on the right has some ghost carp in and they are about the same sort of size but i have not fished for them the roadside lakeon the left has smaller carp and bream its the match lake.

p.s watch out for the mossies they have very nasty bites that allways seem to swell up

F

Fred Bonney

The last I heard that a bit of fish theft had been suffered down there.

We always fished the roadside lake plenty of under 10's in there.

Too right about the mossies, put our pubclub members off fishing there!!!

NIGE K

Reaction score
yes my ear and my eye swelled up due to the mossies i felt like the elephant man for a good week after fishing there.

KAR

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif I'll try the side of the boat house, Be getting there early in the morning so should get a good spot.<blockquote class=quoteheader>Fred Bonney (ACA - BS- BTO) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

The last I heard that a bit of fish theft had been suffered down there.

We always fished the roadside lake plenty of under 10's in there.

Too right about the mossies, put our pubclub members off fishing there!!! </blockquote>Bit worried about that, the fish or the tackle?

KAR

Reaction score
Thanks for the warning, looks like I'll have to take some Avon and a Zapper. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

KAR

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>NIGE K wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

if you fish the carp lake you need to be within a couple of pegseither side of the boat house fish a boilie with a small pva bagverytight to thefar bankand your gauranteed to catch, another good peg is at the far end of the lake in the corner with the scaffolding poles at the back of it.dont expect a 38lber though i think thats a bit of a myth mid doublesare the norm.the lake as youdrive into the fishery on the right has some ghost carp in and they are about the same sort of size but i have not fished for them the roadside lakeon the left has smaller carp and bream its the match lake.

p.s watch out for the mossies they have very nasty bites that allways seem to swell up</blockquote>I went down and had a look today. Didn't see a boat house on Carp Lake but did find the scaffolding posts and they seem like good pegs, the Carp were popping up around there so it might be worth doing a bit of floating rather than ledgering. Spoke to a guy there who said he had a couple of 15lbers and his mate had caught a couple of 25's so that got me quite confident.

NIGE K

Reaction score
its not a big boat house just a corrugated iron shed half way down the lakefish to the left of it tight to the far bank.