Just over two quid from China...

soffit

Reaction score
It includes post too! You may laugh but it could allow me to watch the kingfishers until there is something to worry about on the other end of my line. I've got permission to fish a small farm pond where the bites are only seconds apart, neat place to assess it . I suspect it will need to much pressure/ pull to be useful but the batteries are useful elsewhere in my household;) Anyone else been there done this? I'm thinking this as a alarm and then a bit of line held down with a clothes peg to avoid special reels?

New Outdoor LED Light Clip Rod Electronic Fishing Fish Bite Alarm Bell Battery | eBay

Last edited:

wagglerdave

Reaction score
I quite like the look of it and for just over two pound it's worth a punt. Will be interesting to see how it copes with a bit of rain!

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hope the LED isn't too bright for some of the sensitive souls that we have on here! :wh

bigray

Reaction score
Well I bought one. It arrived today and it does actually seem quite well made and I can't see why it shouldn't work. One small issue is that it is loud and sounds like a personal attack alarm but there is no way you could sleep through it!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I'm still using my 60 year old bite indicator which works very well, no beeps or buzzes or LED lights and I can watch kingfishers etc....
I call it my forefinger....

mick b

Reaction score
I'm still using my 60 year old bite indicator which works very well, no beeps or buzzes or LED lights and I can watch kingfishers etc....

You can't beat the old ways eh Peter?

daji

Reaction score

Sounds like a good piece of kit and just what i'm after. Some proper vintage angling gear. Thinking of selling it any time soon? I could go as high as a tenner, including postage of course. :D

barbelboi

Reaction score
Sounds like a good piece of kit and just what i'm after. Some proper vintage angling gear. Thinking of selling it any time soon? I could go as high as a tenner, including postage of course. :D

Steady on, you don't know where it's been..........................;)