How did everyone get on then?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
On the way down the M25 to Uxbridge I was doing 30mph as the rain lashed down. I seriously considered turning round and going home...
Done that before and generally it turns out nice later on.
It did for an hour or two then it tipped it, thunder and lightning on a south westerly in the face...
6 and a half hour match, not a touch on the tip apart from a few liners.
DNW again, in fact I blanked.
2 carps for 17lb won, 14 lb 2nd and 1lb 8 of tiny perch came 3rd.
Farlows match lake.
20 fished...

pidgergj

Reaction score
went in search of roach today.mgave the pole another go but i just cant get comfortable with it, dont think its my cup of tea. so out came the waggler and i had about a dozen tiny ones and one beautiful looking roach around half a pound. short session and home in time for Spurs on the box :)

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
On the way down the M25 to Uxbridge I was doing 30mph as the rain lashed down. I seriously considered turning round and going home...
Done that before and generally it turns out nice later on.
It did for an hour or two then it tipped it, thunder and lightning on a south westerly in the face...
6 and a half hour match, not a touch on the tip apart from a few liners.
DNW again, in fact I blanked.
2 carps for 17lb won, 14 lb 2nd and 1lb 8 of tiny perch came 3rd.
Farlows match lake.
20 fished...

Went for a walk in the same area around midday. Two tiny feeders and a modest tributary running high and like leafy grey-brown sludge. Road drains blocked in a couple of spots, causing small lakes to form and any passing traffic to make bow-waves. Glad I had my naturalist's birding and anything moving and crawling and slowly turning in hedgerows and on the trees hat on. Incredibly mild - I was in a light waterproof jacket, shorts, walking trainers and a T shirt. Time yet.

jon atkinson

Reaction score
Working yesterday so just went out today despite the crappy forecast - a couple of brief showers aside, they got that wrong... again, although it was a tad on the breezy side. I just went to my local & set up on the middle pond - had a small rudd before the wind got too heavy so I switched to the big pond (my least favourite) & was soon into a fairly lethargic common of about 6lb after which it went quiet 'til the light started to fade. A couple of twitches & the float slid under; a brief scrap & 2lb barbel was in the net. Not quite sure how I feel as it's the first one I've landed but I do feel that this is very much a river species... however ;)

barbelboi

Reaction score
Also living in the area I was out driving around midday and noticed small lakes forming due to the road drains being blocked. There was this bloody jaywalker in a birding hat a light waterproof jacket, shorts, walking trainers and a Tshirt and no matter how much I tried he kept dodging the bow-waves............... ;)

PS Didn't fish this weekend

hunters moon

Reaction score
:)went looking for ROACH on the stick and had some nice one's some around
10ozs, all in all a nice day.
tight lines
hunters moon:).

robgal

Reaction score
Fished the waggler on a local lake and got about 5lbs of roach, rudd and perch in the 1-3oz bracket, little beauties... also had a sleeper rod out for pike but not even a sniff on that.

rubio

Reaction score
Have been catching some nice quality Dace which I would love to re-connect with in the new year when they have plumped up a bit.
Roach and perch were a bite a chuck but often delicate on the bite. After a couple of hours feeding but not fishing the downstream end of my swim I began trotting a light pole float thro to what I hoped would be bigger roach under the nearbank branches. Got a brace around a pound and was well chuffed. Then a true beautiful monster. Finally my 2 pounder?
Might have been but I could only guess as it did the classic swimmers roll at the net and slid down and away.
Dischuffed.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Also living in the area I was out driving around midday and noticed small lakes forming due to the road drains being blocked. There was this bloody jaywalker in a birding hat a light waterproof jacket, shorts, walking trainers and a Tshirt and no matter how much I tried he kept dodging the bow-waves............... ;)

PS Didn't fish this weekend

Wrong man. I never wear a hat (except in Arctic conditions) as I've still got a worrying amount of hair. Consider yourself smiled at, bb.

neil1970

Reaction score
I've just had an enjoyble couple of hours trying out my new reel.
I've been using a closed face reel for the last year or so and must admit I got into a few tangles with the open face:eek:

3 small roach on punched bread & a tiny perch on half a garden worm on the canal. Then moved to the river and landed a nice 1lb roach on bread flake.

Didn't get wet either:p