Elphicks

Tom Ward 4

Reaction score
Hi,

I will be fishing Prairie lake at Elphicks on Friday/Saturday, anyone fished this before? got any good tips on swims/baits etc?

Cheers

Tom

Tom Ward 4

Reaction score
Cheers, what lake were you fishing? ill hazard a guess at North Lake?

Tom

nik saunders

Reaction score
nice lake north lake but need lots of bait mate , spread your bait around as well to get the fish workin for your bait ,dont just spod to ya marker float and have one pile of bait ,hope this helps

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Nik Toms fishing on Prarie mate. Cakey put the link up to the recent Cat fish thing we did on North lake hence the confusion. Do you know owt about Prarie for Tom ?

nik saunders

Reaction score
yes mate fished it twice more of a runs water some fantastic perch in there , i used maggots glued to a cork ball done the trick for me ,dont need to be casting to far ,under arm flick will do the job ,lot of people there see big water and think they should be right out in the middle ,margin work mate , or get on the method feeder ,as for the cat fish in there they will eat anything , i caught a 16lb cat on mainline cell,hope this helps

Mark Fenner 2

Reaction score
Also thinking of fishing the priarie lake, are the swims big enough to take a two man bivy?

i no the ones on the north lake, their very spacious.

Hope you dont mind me hi-jacking your post m8.

Thanks In advance

Mark

Tom Ward 4

Reaction score
Yep, easy big enough for a two man bivvy, good runs water, was a cracking session.

Chris Hipwood

Reaction score
Heading to prairie next week .... anyone know what's in there? Everyone sayin its a runs water makes me wonder if there are any decent size fish in there?

Tom Ward 4

Reaction score
Carp upto 26lb, Cat upto 30lb, biggest I had was an 18 Carp, no Cat though.

Tom Ward 4

Reaction score
Also, there are meant to be some really big Perch in there up to 4lbs!!

funkymunky

Reaction score
has anybody fished north lake this year if so, how did it fish what baits did you use, and where is a good swim to fish?