Still mild and rivers up. Anyone out this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Day off tomorrow which according to the forecast looks good.
Big pit at willow lakes, London Colney, fishing for skimbobs in the open match for me..
Friday is my 60th birthday and I am at work. Still I'd rather fish an open than celebrate a birthday....
Sunday a club match on the river Colne, should be up and coloured and sock on for a netful of chub and barbel.
Anyone else out this weekend?

Keith M

Reaction score
Yes Peter, I will be fishing the upper sections of another small Hertfordshire river 20 minutes north of London Colney taking advantage of the Barbel who are feeding up before the winter fully arrives; and if I am lucky; also taking advantage of the lack of fair weather anglers on the bank I hope LOL..

I have retired early so during the middle of next week I'm planning to have either a session on my local estate lake after some of it's Carp, or having a day on the river Ivel in Beds after some Chub and Barbel if the weed levels have started to drop so I can do a little trotting.

Last edited:
B

binka

Yep out both days again, got a couple of spots in mind for Sunday when i'm out on my own and out with a mate on Saturday but will decide nearer the time on what for depending on what happens with the river level between now and then :)

lufc

Reaction score
Doing a night on the club lake Sunday with a mate, having seen the forecast might be a bit breezy and wet :eek:

jimlad

Reaction score
I'll likely be on the swale barbel hunt, but there's a chance I could be grayling fishing on the upper tees should river levels have calmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

aebitim

Reaction score
Fishing the Avon tomorow for whatever comes along, hopefully a roach or two and maybe a barbel last knockings, been trying to get out since Sunday.

badgeroo

Reaction score
Weather doesn't look too good for Sunday but, will be giving apex in Burnham on sea a go. Shall give the pole a go if it's not too windy.:):)

barbelboi

Reaction score
Fished the Colne from mid morning 'til 4pm - mainly chub and a small carp around 8lb. That's it until after the weekend.
Jerry

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I fished yesterday and today for carp of no great size but good fun on light tackle....I will probably go tomorrow as well from day break which probably means sitting in heavy(ish) rain for a while but should clear mid morning(!)

Peter...You're fishing 'pits' at London Colney. Would they be (sort of) one longish pit and one roundish pit sitting adjacent to each other in London Colney itself (nr St Albans)?? I used to fish them in the early/mid 60's for tench and carp as a member of Barnet Angling Club.......I hadn't thought about them for years so the mention of them bought back some nice memories........................sentimental old fool!

ps I understand Sunday going into Monday is expected to rough with a major, major storm brewing in the Atlantic - but are the weathermen wrong (again!)

Last edited: