Help needed

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Saw chaps using this device instead of a spod for casting out balls of groudbait. Sailed out accurately 80 yds with no effort. Said he could use up to 150 yds. Thought it was made by Gardner but can't find on there site.

It is a bit like trebuchet using a sling attached to the end of the line to fire out balls of groudbait using a spod rod.

Interested in one for breaming. Would do away with ther need for a bait boat in many instances.

If you have one could it be used for scalded pellet balls?

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I remeber reading of such a beastie rich....but in all honesty,at the time i thought it a gimick.....i think it was a while back tho.

But when you think about it, if such a tool worked it would be more consistant in hitting an area consistaly than say a catapult....so long as all the balls of bait weighed the same?

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
The guys who using them were very accurate and because the sling is only going a short distance it is quick to retrieve, much faster than spodding.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
You'd like them Paul the guys nicknamed them 'gimp masks', one then turned it back to front and put it over his face to demonstrate why they named them that.

Hell just thought if they are commonly known as that Wol will know about them!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Carp r Us did them.100 yards no problem with a good mix.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Send me your address Farrow and you can have mine, they are brilliant. as quick as a catty, the ball leaves the sling after about 8-10 yds so quick as well.

No more broken elastics either.

C

Cakey

453.jpg

Morespiders

Reaction score
You could do with a Rod Spod White, get it out as far as possible. Load of stainless shite.

W

for some odd reason it looks like the rod/pouch have been superimposed onto a lake pic

W

weird init, zoom in and you can see it, guess maybe looked better with that background in it

Morespiders

Reaction score
Very personal question Mr Farrow, tell him to p--s of Mr Gaunt none of his business.