Hemp

C

Curly

I have just cooked up some Hemp. I haven't done this for a few years now and I had forgot how much this stuff stinks when cooking, I can even tatse it.

Needless to say the Missus is giving me a rollocking. She says that I am never cooking it again in the house, we'll see!!!! I'll just wait for her to go shopping and cook it then ;)

I've cooked up a good batch, which I am going to freeze, so I won't have to cook any for a while now.

Tight Lines

Neil

K

Kevan Farmer

Neil. I always wait until she who must be obeyed is out for the afternoon at her mothers on a Saturday. Then I boil up a batch of about a gallon at a time. Oh yes, the doors are all open and the windows too :) I had one bollickin and that was too many years ago to remember. By the way, where do you get your hemp? I get a good deal from a shop down Leamore.

Kevan

C

Curly

Kevan

I get my Hemp from Jolley's petstore. I pay ?22.99 for 20kg. Jolley's is in Darlsaton, by the junction for the Black Country route. There is a Blockbusters video shop, Glynweb and a Staples store near it.

J

john conway

I wait until our lass is out for the day then have a really big boil up, but as I add molasses to my hemp it doesn’t seem to smell as bad, it’s using the liquidiser that got me into real trouble, I’ve now got my own and don’t tell our lass what I put in it. I’ve also got my own freezer out side, she’s pretty good now what she doesn’t know she doesn’t worry about.

M

Mark Frame

you can try pouring it all in a rip top lid like a cleaned out emulsion pot and put the lid on hey presto no more stink

K

Kevan Farmer

Neil. The place I get mine is just down the road from Allen's. Go down past The Rosum and it's on the left hand side. I can't remember how much it was but it's certainly the cheapest I have ever found. As for containers. Try asking in Asda at the bakery counter. Ask nicely and they will put aside some of the containers they get jam in for the doughnuts. If you are really lucky they even wash them out for you. They are perfect for keeping dry seed in as they hold about a couple of gallon. I've presently got one full of trout pellets, one full of hemp and another full of parti-blend type seed mix. The lot only cost me a tenner.

Kevan

J

John McLaren

It must be me - I quite like the smell of hemp and don't understand the fuss (reminds me a bit of the smell of hops from the brewery I used to work near)! Unfortunately the rest of my family have different ideas so I have had to devize different approaches to cooking the stuff. I find that if I pour boiling water on the hemp and leave it to soak (outside) for 24 hours it takes only about 15 minutes to cook and with every window in the house open and all internal doors closed I can just about survive the wrath of my loved ones. :0)

C

Curly

John, you must be smoking the stuff if you like the stink ;))))