Mobile phones on or off ?

bennygesserit

Reaction score
When fishing what do you do ? Leave it at home ? Don't own one ?
I take mine but switch it to vibrate , get the odd text asking how I am getting on or telling me what,s for tea.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Mine is always with me when fishing and on but the volume low

If you need to contact someone or someone needs to contact you in an emergency the phone is no good at home or off

symonh2000

Reaction score
On with the volume set low.

You never know if someone might want to contact you in an emergency etc...

How did we use to manage without them?

peacey

Reaction score
I keep mine on but my message tone is a fox bite alarm so it can get a bit confusing!

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Far too potentially stompable for me, so have never owned one.

mick b

Reaction score
On with the volume set low.

You never know if someone might want to contact you in an emergency etc...

How did we use to manage without them?

Me to, comes in useful when Im directing 'the powers that be' onto a poacher!

Or telling my Lady when I will be home so she can get the dinner ready (or NORWICH :D )

barbelboi

Reaction score
Sound off, vibrator on - if it 'rings' it goes walkies round the empty bait box I put it in and then check the name on the dial.............

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm beginning to understand now why so many women have them....

sumtime

Reaction score
My phone is glued to me always, whether it's a walk over to the shops or taking our g/daughter out to parks/fishing on the canal.

I rarely use it meself but it's there mainly for emergencies and the ring tone (Let's Spend the Night Together :)) is not loud as I miss some calls while it's in me pocket.

Comes in handy too for the odd pic.

beerweasel

Reaction score
When fishing I carry a £10 phone for emergencies (I don't want anybody phoning me).
The only numbers programmed are
E.A
Defra
Police
RSPCA
River conservancy bailiff
Angling Times (for when I catch that record Chub). :D

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I always have a phone with me as my good lady isn't in the best of health. Oh and I have a best mate who's lost his fishing mojo, so when I catch anything decent I often text him and send a picture, pee's him right off.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think they can be both good and bad. If you get in trouble and need assistance they are great but if you want peace and quiet they can be a pain. On one trout fishery that I fish there is a cartoon of a angler dumped head down in a pile of dung legs in the air with his mobile stuffed up where the sun does not shine. The caption is If you use a mobile on this fishery you will end up like this. So if you do use a mobile while fishing be discreet not loud.

sam vimes

Reaction score
On and as loud as it needs to be. On the venue I fish, the chances of disturbing anyone, even with the loudest mobile in the world, are exceedingly slim. When there are others on the lake, it's been known for us to use phones to campare just how little to nothing we have caught. Chances are that, unless it's someone on the venue, my phone will not receive a single call or text anyway. Suits me just fine.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's a Satnav in case you get lost going to a new water, a camera to record catches and an all-important lifeline for personal or family emergencies. Volume low, vibrate on, harms no-one!

The bad one

Reaction score
Always with me, always on, never change the volume settings. But like Mick it's a tool for keeping the scum down when needed :mad:

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I also don't know how we managed without them but for health reasons I carry one at all times...good for me and more so for my wife who can keep in touch (or check if I'm okay!)

For those who don't carry one, for whatever reason, surely it's just a back up in an emergency - be it for you or your family....................

Broken down on the M4 late at night with a load of fishing gear in the car, well, work it out for yourselves................

john step

Reaction score
Being a bit mutton and Jeff its in my breast pocket where I can hear it in case the one who must be obeyed needs me. Only problem is I am on my 3rd due to my predilection for swimming fully clothed. I now have it in a sealed poly bag but unfortunately by the time I have scrabbled to get it out the call has gone.:eek:mg: