Avanti RDX 2000 waggler/method feeder rods

peacey

Reaction score
I'm looking for a couple of cheep rods to use for rivers over the coming months, have any of you guys on here used the above rods? Or have you got any ideas for rods that are in the price bracket as I'm on a really tight budget(bloomin kids!)

C

chefster

I,ve seen and handled the RDX rods and they are good for the money,personally if i was on a tight budget,i would buy one,The Avanti rod ranges are,nt too bad, cheers Chef

C

chefster

Asbsolutely,it does,nt make any difference if you,re waggler or feederfishing lakes or rivers,the rod is doing the same job ,Chef

C

chefster

To tell you the truth,someone gave me their RDX barbel rod to try out on the baggin wag,which i dont know ,if you know is a very vigorous style of fishing ,casting 5-6 oz loaded baggin wags 50+yds every minute,for five hours,and it stood up to it no problem,only thing was, it was a bit top heavy,if anything,cheers Chef

peacey

Reaction score
To tell you the truth,someone gave me their RDX barbel rod to try out on the baggin wag,which i dont know ,if you know is a very vigorous style of fishing ,casting 5-6 oz loaded baggin wags 50+yds every minute,for five hours,and it stood up to it no problem,only thing was, it was a bit top heavy,if anything,cheers Chef

That sounds like one heck of a work out! Did you catch much?

C

chefster

That sounds like one heck of a work out! Did you catch much?

Thats just the way you fish that method,the most i caught on it was 65 carp-up to 10-12 lb at Clattercote,that was pleasure fishing mind you and i did fish for about 6-7hours,most i,ve weighed in a match there was 197lb,but they dont have that many opens at Clattercote these days,so unless i get the time to go pleasure fishing there ,i dont get to use it much know-but you,re arms do ache a bit afterwards:D:D,Chef

peacey

Reaction score
Thats just the way you fish that method,the most i caught on it was 65 carp-up to 10-12 lb at Clattercote,that was pleasure fishing mind you and i did fish for about 6-7hours,most i,ve weighed in a match there was 197lb,but they dont have that many opens at Clattercote these days,so unless i get the time to go pleasure fishing there ,i dont get to use it much know-but you,re arms do ache a bit afterwards:D:D,Chef

And I always thought that fishing was supposed to be a relaxing time :D