Home made boilies

lazy

Reaction score
My apologies if this thread has been done to death. I've had a good look around online but I haven't really found a concise answer.

I want to make some boilies using supermarket ingredients and no special tools but I don't know where to start.

Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

:)

lazy

Reaction score
Thank you! Very helpful, will give it a try tomorrow.

john step

Reaction score
Being somewhat of a tight wad I have had a go at making my own but have recently successfully used the carp range of Dynamite at under £7 a kilo. I am not sure at this price the effort of making them is worthwhile.

peterjg

Reaction score
Try using:

10oz semolina
5oz soya flour
1oz farina (potato starch)
3oz vitamealo (calf rearing milk powder)
1oz egg albumin

Mix the above with eggs, colouring and flavour, roll into balls, and boil for 3 minutes then leave for a couple of hours to dry then freeze. Use when ready to go. This recepe works well, is cheap, will not break up when a throwing stick is used and will sink ( not sometimes float like some mixes). Pop ups can be used by microwaving for 5 minutes approx - it depends on size of boilie - microwave for a minute ata atime then allow to cool or the boilie will burn.

noknot

Reaction score
Try using:

10oz semolina
5oz soya flour
1oz farina (potato starch)
3oz vitamealo (calf rearing milk powder)
1oz egg albumin

Mix the above with eggs, colouring and flavour, roll into balls, and boil for 3 minutes then leave for a couple of hours to dry then freeze. Use when ready to go. This recepe works well, is cheap, will not break up when a throwing stick is used and will sink ( not sometimes float like some mixes). Pop ups can be used by microwaving for 5 minutes approx - it depends on size of boilie - microwave for a minute ata atime then allow to cool or the boilie will burn.
Now this reply, however cheap, is not the way forward! As the said Ingredients are bulk and are not easily digested by Carp, If you really want an insight into bait formulation, then contact Geoff Bowers at ABS, he will sort you out, good luck!

peterjg

Reaction score
Dear Noknot

Re your very interesting reply: I have used this boilie mix for many years, it is cheap, easy to mix, easy to roll and with the right flavours it not only works - it works very well!