How did everyone get on then?

jimlad

Reaction score
It was really challenging this morning on the river tees. The river was still up, chocolate coloured and the leaves flying through. I opted to try for chub with meat and cheesepaste, an after finding a swim with a nice crease, but of slack and overhanging tree, I was soon setting up the drennan big feeder.

This swim produced pretty quickly, but the culprit was this chublet so I moved on to try others..

P1020742_zps66e96b43.jpg

After walking a good mile without success, I started making my way back to try the swim I'd caught on. This time I tried some smelly cheesepaste, and the bite was again pretty quick, this time a much better fish had to be coaxed out of the snags at an ounce under 4lb.

P1020743_zpsff3921fe.jpg

Then it was time to go, happy with the days work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

barbelboi

Reaction score
What, has Simon got some new camo gear...............?

PS On the river/s from Tuesday

Last edited:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Posting on behalf of Peter Crabtree...

Thanks Binka, this was my peg on the river Colne today.
I fished stick float and maggot all day. Most of the fish came from the far bank which is a deepish gully on the outside of a bend. Due to the trees I had to wind my float to the rodtip and place it in the water to my right and let it go. 6 barbel ( around 4 oz each ) 50 odd minnows, a few gudgeon and a chub of 2lb 12 for 4lb 12oz in all. Very enjoyable match which was won with 14lb odd.

Recognise the swim Neil 1970??

neil1970

Reaction score
I fished stick float and maggot all day. Most of the fish came from the far bank which is a deepish gully on the outside of a bend. Due to the trees I had to wind my float to the rodtip and place it in the water to my right and let it go. 6 barbel ( around 4 oz each ) 50 odd minnows, a few gudgeon and a chub of 2lb 12 for 4lb 12oz in all. Very enjoyable match which was won with 14lb odd.

Looks familiar Peter, at the top of Batchworth?

sounds like a good day!

B

binka

Blimey well done mate... when I first looked at the pic I thought you were on a blank it looked that shallow.

Sounds like you you've really enjoyed it, nice one :)

B

binka

Looks like you walked thro a narrow tunnel and came out on the other side Binka! ;):wh

Ok I fess up, we did weigh it and it went 4lb 3ozs :D

That's it I've had enough... you're having another barbel and forceps pic next week like it or not and if anyone complains it flight's fault :eek: :D

Good post on the stick hooklenghts btw...

badgeroo

Reaction score
Pole fished apex park Sunday, got there at 7.00 am and the sun was shinning with a light breeze fished maggot and punched bread taking a nice handfull of roach and skimmers. My lad came along and hand a few more than me (again!!) and also met up with davethesax who came along to see how the apex was fishing. had a few more and by about twelve -ish the clouds rolled in, wind picked up and down came the rain - a warm up for the storm to follow overnight. After a couple of showers we retreated to the comforts of home. Nice day though and nice to see someone else who subscribes to F.M.:):):)

flightliner

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightliner
Looks like you walked thro a narrow tunnel and came out on the other side Binka!

Ok I fess up, we did weigh it and it went 4lb 3ozs

That's it I've had enough... you're having another barbel and forceps pic next week like it or not and if anyone complains it flight's fault

Good post on the stick hooklenghts btw...
Share this post on Twitter
Share on Facebook

LOL--:D. I dare,nt look now Binka.
No, all I was trying to convey to you thro my vague remark was that I was thinking of a location where I thought you had those nice pike from.
Fished it myself years ago-- full of fish -- back in the nineties I recall it being part filled in to avert a popssible accident. ( ??????)
PM on the way.

B

binka

LOL--:D. I dare,nt look now Binka.
No, all I was trying to convey to you thro my vague remark was that I was thinking of a location where I thought you had those nice pike from.
Fished it myself years ago-- full of fish -- back in the nineties I recall it being part filled in to avert a popssible accident. ( ??????)
PM on the way.

With you now mate... :D

Yes it's still there and not filled in, it pays to hold your breath as you go through though as it's a bit dank and pungent, never managed to fish it for the pike as yet but will be giving it a go for sure.

All the best flight :)

neil1970

Reaction score
My weekday update ( I don't fish weekends) -

I tried the rivers Gade & Colne, in the free fishing spots over 4 hours
(btw thanks to P. Crabtree for the Colne info! )

Trotting bread, blanked in both areas :rolleyes:, still nice to get out though :p