Casting machine

peacey

Reaction score
My uncle made something very similar a few years ago that launched tennis balls, perhaps I should ask him to dig it out and sell the idea to korda!

peacey

Reaction score
I can see it now,

Coming soon to a shop near you the new MUNGA cannon available in either green or camo!

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I have seen a documentary on kite fishing on the beach so it's been going on line than you think

The bad one

Reaction score
Rule 9 covers it. No Re-enactments battles of any kind or the weapons thereof are permitted on club waters. :D:D:D

daji

Reaction score
The damage that beast could cause if you didnt notice the line wrapped around your rod tip :eek:

although i'm not a fan of these types of innovation it is awesome to see the speed at which the line is stripped!

bennygesserit

Reaction score
We were catching pike with kites 25 years ago Benny. But cannons are something new!

How did you use a kite ? Presumably to deliver baits at long distance, which is what this thread is all about , but how big is the lake where you need to do tha ?

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some years ago when you could get away with silly things we used to bombard each other from opposite banks with sky rockets. Started off with little ones and ended up with the ridiculous launched from horizontal scaffold poles and the odd MOD thunder flash being lobbed into swims by members who were in the TA. Thankfully no one got hurt . Some of us thought it was hilarious others did not and did not fish till the lunacy burnt itself out. Fire works were not available twelve months of the year then just as well.:eek:mg:

terry m

Reaction score
I admire the innovation, but apart from surf fishing I don't see it catching on. Especially when someone catches their finger in the braid and loses a digit or two!

B

binka

Its a bloody mortar ! I wouldn't mind loading it up with a bit of suitably sized aggregate and trying to sink all those very expensive bait boats.

Ah but Skip technology has moved on and manufacturers are developing the bait submarine (for waters where bait boats are banned) and even if they ban the bait submarine no one would ever know when one was being used :D

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
I am still waiting for a remote controlled jet propulsion insert waggler. Something you can drop in front of you and then it can zoom off right under that far bank overhanging willow, within inches of the far bank.

The rig is an "all-in-one" "no-holds-barred" futuristic affair complete with underwater camera in the drop shot and biomass appraisal sensor located near the hook. There would be old-skool fish finder graphics for turbid water scenarios, multiple snag detection settings and alarm systems which come into play before or after a fish is hooked, and a concealed loose feed bay in the body of bodied wagglers which awaits your cue to release particles to get the fish in a feeding frenzy.

Last edited:

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I am still waiting for a remote controlled jet propulsion insert waggler. Something you can drop in front of you and then it can zoom off right under that far bank overhanging willow, within inches of the far bank.

The rig is an "all-in-one" "no-holds-barred" futuristic affair complete with underwater camera in the drop shot and biomass appraisal sensor located near the hook. There would be old-skool fish finder graphics for turbid water scenarios, multiple snag detection settings and alarm systems which come into play before or after a fish is hooked, and a concealed loose feed bay in the body of bodied wagglers which awaits your cue to release particles to get the fish in a feeding frenzy.

I read somewhere tht one commercial tagged one of its fish then offered a prize if you caught it, if they put a wifi tag on then you would automatically know where all the big ones were

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No problem...add a "minelayer app" to your Viper 3 and the bait sub is toast.

You could fight naval engagements with the bloke on the next peg while waiting for runs.

Air power is the answer with homing anti ship missiles You could have the Carp Wars with its own weapons race with the tackle firms taking sides producing counter measures to out do each other.:eek:mg:

xenon

Reaction score
The way forward, clearly, is those radio controlled helicopters. Think about it-the possibilities are great indeed.