BigRob

Reaction score
They are a nightmare to transport,

Is there a reason as to why? they are on 2 and not 3 sections,

Pro's Con's?

Reaction score
Simple really.

A joint is a week spot/discontinuity.

More joints = more <u>individual </u>blanks to be made during manufacture.

Therefore less joints = more uniform, stronger, cheaper rod.

Carpless

Reaction score
I don't have a problem transporting them. They are only 6ft when broken down so fit into almost any car and they are light so walking with them isn't a problem. No need for telescopics.

KAR

Reaction score
I've never had a problem either, If you're car seats can be put down they can fit very easily, if not it can be put inbetween the front and back seats while still being able to fit all you other tackle.

Carpless

Reaction score
Mine run down the side of the car on the passengers side. Seats up or down, they fit while rested next to the head rest on the front passenger seat, and i drive a 106!

BigRob

Reaction score
I think it's where me and the misses both fish, once you have 4 rods and 4 reels and two of everything lol and Bivvy it's never ending

Carpless

Reaction score
Such is carp fishing. My 106 btw has had to deal with all my stuff plus all of my mates stuff for the last year or so. Its always a tight fit but fortunately he has his own car now so the suspension on the 106 might get some rest. As matt says, its the strongest way to make the rods and the cheapest. They shouldn't be a problem unless you're driving and G-wiz. /forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

BigRob

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif no G-wiz for me then........

as long as everyone is having the same problem lol.

Last time I turned up at a fishery I poped all the kit on the barrow (which is about the size of a smart car lol)

walking to the swin some bloke siad you moving in lol ( it was both our kit though he he he )

Carpless

Reaction score
I know. I always feel guilty about the amount of gear i'm taking with me. I try and compact it so its in as little packages as i can get it, for convenience and embarrassment factor. Thing is though i like to be comfortable and prepared for anything so wouldn't have it any other way, even if it is a hassle to pack up. Glad to see the misses is a helping hand.../forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif whats she doing while you're so kindly transporting the gear? Cup of tea? /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

BigRob

Reaction score
I wish, she might dip the odd net, but choosing her swim, mind you she does make the tea beofre we leave, for the flask and when we get back /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Carpless

Reaction score
Nothing like a cuppa after set up, well maybe a beer. Seems to be all i'm getting right now... perhaps beer boilies may do the trick /forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

GertR

Reaction score
Cakey here in South Africa there are many.

I have 13feets in one piece. I love them. Unfortunately thay said that i am going to bump the people on the plane with them. So i have to leave them.

I have 10feet rods as well in one piece. Was thinking of bying new 10 feet rods in 2 pieces to take to England. Would you advise that i leave them and just bring the one pieces. CAUSE I LOVE THEM

Sorry BIGROB has never even used 2 pieces before.

Actually i never liked 2 pieces.

L

Luke Allsop

Trout rods usually come in three pieces nowadays and two piece rods are now a thing of the past. The thing is with other rods, especially those that have to cast big baits or heavy leads is that if there are more joints on the rod there are more to break.