A couple of early working parties needed after the blow

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Went over the club fishery on Tuesday for a look see how much damage the storm had done A fair bit four large trees down in the lake and plenty of broken branches other tan that nothing to major. It will be a weekends work for the members to sort it out all the chain saws and saws are ready to go get the worst of it done and then get the rubbish cleared out of the water. Could have been a lot worse as the ten acre water is surrounded by trees and has five islands with trees on. How have your waters fared.

maverick 7

Reaction score
I would imagine quite a few waters down in the south has suffered some kind of damage but up here in the cold north.....I don't think any damage has been caused...certainly not to the waters I have seen since the "storm" anyway.

The storm didn't even get past the post up here tiinker so I can't see much damage being done.

Maverick

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would imagine quite a few waters down in the south has suffered some kind of damage but up here in the cold north.....I don't think any damage has been caused...certainly not to the waters I have seen since the "storm" anyway.

The storm didn't even get past the post up here tiinker so I can't see much damage being done.

Maverick

From what I have heard it came in on a ssw track and did not get much above Cambridgeshire . I will have another morning over the lake in the morning. The biggest willow that has gone over is big fifty years old .Another of my friends who lives in Emerson Park has two forty foot conifers upended in his garden just two out of a whole row thirty foot long.

maverick 7

Reaction score
From what I have heard it came in on a ssw track and did not get much above Cambridgeshire . I will have another morning over the lake in the morning. The biggest willow that has gone over is big fifty years old .Another of my friends who lives in Emerson Park has two forty foot conifers upended in his garden just two out of a whole row thirty foot long.

Good luck to you with all that....it sounds like some hard graft will be required in the next few days......

Maverick