Wind ups are a wind up

Carpless

Reaction score
Dabbled with several wind up devices and just find them a pain. The winding really doesn't store much energy in the battery. My lamp i have to charge up at home and don't even bother with the wind up function, even then it will hardly last for 4-6 hours let alone a long session. So having disposed of the cheaper option (battery wise) does anyone have any suggestions for a decent bivvy lamp that won't break the bank and will last a while? Any method of energy will do. Looking to spend around 20 quid tho i'll stretch to 30.

Cheers

Morespiders

Reaction score
Petzl headlamp Tikka or the one with a redlight on it can be changed over to white if you want, also hang it in your bivvy or put it round your head, Appx £29, batteries last a very long time also about 4 brightness settings

Carpless

Reaction score
Does it give a nice wide area of light or is a focused?

Morespiders

Reaction score
most anglers who fish at night have them ask about and try before you buy, nearly everyone i know has one

Carpless

Reaction score
Unfortunately won't be fishing much until i go on a 72 hour so unfortunately can't do that. If anyone does know a decent lamp then i'd much appreciate the reccomendation.

F

Frothey

i take it you mean lamp rather than headtorch? go to a camping shop, they'll be half the price of a bivvy/carp lamp....