hello from Veurne, Belgium

learning to fish

Reaction score
hey,

I'm Steve, I'm 41 years old and I love bream and carp fishing both with the rod.
I recently moved and now I live in front of a canal (it's just across the street) so what place can you better live in than in front of a canal where fishing is allowed. I do some pike fishing too but not that often. I would like to start competition fishing but I'm still without a car (can't drive a normal car due to leg problems) so I can't go fishing where I want to.
Anyhow, I will find a solution and I can still fish in front of the house and that on a daily basis.
I hope I can learn a lot from the members on this forum.
I like reading forum threads so being new here, will give me lots of material to go through.

Steve

mick b

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Enjoy your researching into the archives, hope it does not put you off :eek:mg:

learning to fish

Reaction score
waw, if this isn't a welcoming comity, I don't know what it is.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm diving in all the threads I find useful so I'll be around a couple of hours a day I suppose.

Steve

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hey,

I'm Steve, I'm 41 years old and I love bream and carp fishing both with the rod.
I recently moved and now I live in front of a canal (it's just across the street) so what place can you better live in than in front of a canal where fishing is allowed. I do some pike fishing too but not that often. I would like to start competition fishing but I'm still without a car (can't drive a normal car due to leg problems) so I can't go fishing where I want to.
Anyhow, I will find a solution and I can still fish in front of the house and that on a daily basis.
I hope I can learn a lot from the members on this forum.
I like reading forum threads so being new here, will give me lots of material to go through.

Steve

I've been through your village quite a few times and always looked at the canal. I often saw people fishing along it day and night fishing. To be honest I fancied fishing it myself, looked great !
I reckon you'll be better to talk to the local anglers and ask them any questions you have. Might be worth sitting watching a few of them and see if you can pick up any tips...good luck Steve :).

learning to fish

Reaction score
I mostly like English forums because I know that the tackle shops have more of the "new" stuff against what we have (and so the anglers know how to use certain material while we are still waiting). Sometimes it's even cheaper to cross the canal instead of buying stuff in Belgium.

Steve