D300

C

Cakey

I was over the park yesterday walking the dog and thought Id give the 300 a work out

I set the camera how I wanted to get some action shots ....superb

then I thought Id give the live view ago ,this slow everything down and by the time it took a picture the dog was 2 miles away

am I doing something wrong ?

C

Colin North, the one and only

Trade it in mate and get a decent camera. Monk's still got his F5 for sale I expect. If not you can buy mine for the right price/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Stuart Heard wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Are you holding the camera the right way round?</blockquote>

He's still trying to work out which end of a dart to throw. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Problem is, Cakes, the mirror is locked up when you use the live view and to take the picture it (I believe) has to unlock the mirror into it's usual position to meter, focus and everything before then locking it up again to take the picture.

Same happens on mine, take what seems like 4 or 5 seconds, but in fact it's 1.5 seconds. That's the same time difference between Pole postion and the last in an F1 race.